Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intra Club

Intra Club

Has anyone got any info on the Intra Club match from last Friday night?

Sent from my HUAWEI Y560-U23 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeassssssseeeeee

Senior Player
    Apologies for linking to the devil, but seriously this is getting pathetic.
    Official AFL Website of the Hawthorn Football Club

Last Friday they had their open intraclub, nearly 8 vids and a write up by 8am the next day. I don't dare look at their social media.

Our social media doesn't even have 1 pic, our website the same. I know they are short staffed but surely just get anyone to give us bloody something!

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Apologies for linking to the devil, but seriously this is getting pathetic.
    Official AFL Website of the Hawthorn Football Club

Last Friday they had their open intraclub, nearly 8 vids and a write up by 8am the next day. I don't dare look at their social media.

Our social media doesn't even have 1 pic, our website the same. I know they are short staffed but surely just get anyone to give us bloody something!
    I agree. Generally Intra Club is a big family day and it is advertised heavily on the Swans website. The other thing is that it is normally held in the evening so everyone can attend. No info, no advertising, supposedly in the morning, no round up. Our media department is not suffering from just one missing body. It has gone completely missing.

Some of the stories on our website actually come from the AFL website. The coverage of preseason has been a disgrace this year.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y560-U23 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Apologies for the confusion here.

This year, we're holding an Inter-Club match against the GWS Giants. It is on next Friday night, February 23 at Henson Park.
    You can view more details here: Join us at Henson Park! - sydneyswans.com.au.

This match will be covered by our media team, so keep an eye on the website and social media for plenty of updates.

Hope to see you all there.

Jenny

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Hi all,

Apologies for the confusion here.

This year, we're holding an Inter-Club match against the GWS Giants. It is on next Friday night, February 23 at Henson Park.
    You can view more details here: Join us at Henson Park! - sydneyswans.com.au.

This match will be covered by our media team, so keep an eye on the website and social media for plenty of updates.

Hope to see you all there.

Jenny
    Well that answers that! Thanks Jenny. Apologies for the blow up, looks like a few of us missed a key news piece.

Well that answers that! Thanks Jenny. Apologies for the blow up, looks like a few of us missed a key news piece.
    No worries at all! There's a lot on this year with AFLX, the JLT Community Series and Inter-Club! It can be easy to miss!

Veteran Site Admin
    I am a little confused why some thought that the club had held an intra-club last Friday evening...

That wasn't missing a key news piece. It was inventing something out of thin air.

Veterans List
    At the season launch Buddy was quoted as saying he was playing tomorrow, that's last Friday, that's where I got the idea there was an intra club hit out. Maybe I read it wrong or Buddy was mis-quoted?

So if there wasn't an internal trial last week we can just look forward to this weeks hit out against GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I am a little confused why some thought that the club had held an intra-club last Friday evening...

That wasn't missing a key news piece. It was inventing something out of thin air.
    It's confusing because there was an intra-club last Friday Feb 9 Franklin raring to go - sydneyswans.com.au "The 31-year-old returned to full training last week following surgery on both knees and an ankle, and expects to play in an intraclub match on Friday... 'I've been back training with the main group for the past week and a half, and we've got an intraclub game on tomorrow (Friday [9 February]), so I think I'm going to play in that game.'"

My reading of all this is that there was an intra-club but that it was low profile and not turned into an "event" at Henson Park, that's the inter-club on the 23rd of February.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    It's confusing because there was an intra-club last Friday Feb 9 Franklin raring to go - sydneyswans.com.au "The 31-year-old returned to full training last week following surgery on both knees and an ankle, and expects to play in an intraclub match on Friday... 'I've been back training with the main group for the past week and a half, and we've got an intraclub game on tomorrow (Friday [9 February]), so I think I'm going to play in that game.'"

My reading of all this is that there was an intra-club but that it was low profile and not turned into an "event" at Henson Park, that's the inter-club on the 23rd of February.
    Thanks that's where i got the idea from too.

Warming the Bench
    The only thing I've heard about last Friday's intra-club match is that Sam Reid kicked two goals. That was from a quick update on SEN this morning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast