Thread: RIP Gus McKernan

Almost Football Legend

RIP Gus McKernan

Statement from Pennant Hills' Facebook:
    It is with deep regret that we advise of the passing of Club Patron � Angus McKernan early this morning.

Our thoughts are with Shirley, Glenn, Todd, Justine and his grandchildren at this very sad time.

Funeral details will be provided when finalised by the family.

You'll be forever loved and sorely missed 'Gus'.
    A sad day for Sydney footy. Gus was a much-loved character, always there, larger than life. I always found him to be a fount of knowledge, and a master of entertaining quips.

He loved the game, he loved Pennant Hills. Never short of an opinion, he was someone who genuinely loved being involved and even after so many years the passion never waned.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

One of the greats of Sydney footy.

Always a cheery face and if you rolled up to Ern Holmes or Mike kenny and fancied your team could win, Gus would always accommodate your wager.

Footy and Sydney have lost a character.

In the spirit of Gus's love of a punt its even money each of two if the song they play at the funeral commences Good Old Collingwood...... or Its a Grand Old Flag.........

RIP

Quoting from the funeral today:-

A few weeks ago a journalist asked Gus how he felt about his situation.....
    He said, "I've just heard the three quarter time siren, we're six goals up and kicking with the wind in the last quarter..."

What a guy. Gus, keep on kicking goals up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hole In Bucket View Post
    In the spirit of Gus's love of a punt its even money each of two if the song they play at the funeral commences Good Old Collingwood...... or Its a Grand Old Flag.........RIP
    Bingo-o-o-o !!