Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 2 V Port Adelaide

In: D.Hannebery, G.Rohan, J.Foote, B.Ronke

Veterans List
    Who gets the bench out of Foote, Florent, Fox, Hannerbery, Hayward, Newman, Ronke and Towers? For me, it's Hanners, Fox, Newman and Towers. Ollie and Will unlucky......

Veterans List
    Good to see Gary back in. I haven't heard anything about the birth. I assume, besides the heartache of the pending loss of one of the babies, that it went well? The fact that he's playing obviously indicates the answer to that is yes. Good luck to him....and his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Who gets the bench out of Foote, Florent, Fox, Hannerbery, Hayward, Newman, Ronke and Towers? For me, it's Hanners, Fox, Newman and Towers. Ollie and Will unlucky......
    Please not Foote.

Horse described Rohan as a pressure forward, so is Ronke insurance cover? I think Ronke only plays if Gaz doesn�t.

So Ronke, Foote, Florent and Hayward to miss.

Good to hear the positive talk from Horse about Ronke and showing his appreciation of his preseason by inclusion in the extended bench. I think he's got a good chance to make the senior squad at some point. He's probably a bit more physically advanced than either Florent and Hayward. Ronke's been playing mostly as a midfielder forward, but I can also see him as a small defender with his good speed and physicality. He adds to the good depth we have all over the ground.

Foote has become Tom Derickx replacement for designated emergency. This is one of the most important roles for a club. It's a player who is unlikely to play in the seniors and is not expected to improve by playing in the reserves, so you might as well hold him over in case someone doesn't make it through the warm up. He allows non senior players with a future to take their places in the reserves game.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 29th March 2018 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Good to hear the positive talk from Horse about Ronke and showing his appreciation of his preseason by inclusion in the extended bench. I think he's got a good chance to make the senior squad at some point. He's probably a bit more physically advanced than either Florent and Hayward. Ronke's been playing mostly as a midfielder forward, but I can also see him as a small defender with his good speed and physicality. He adds to the good depth we have all over the ground.
    I�m really looking forward to seeing Ronke in the neafl this year because I liked what i saw briefly in the Sydney uni trial a couple of weeks ago.

Foote has become Tom Derickx replacement for designated emergency. This is one of the most important roles for a club. It's a player who is unlikely to play in the seniors and is not expected to improve by playing in the reserves, so you might as well hold him over in case someone doesn't make it through the warm up. He allows non senior players with a future to take their places in the reserves game.
    Except that they have to play Foote occasionally, with disastrous results.

If he�s not going to improve in the NEAFL and not AFL standard doesn�t that make him a textbook list clogger?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Except that they have to play Foote occasionally, with disastrous results.

If he�s not going to improve in the NEAFL and not AFL standard doesn�t that make him a textbook list clogger?
    He becomes a list clogger once he's out of contract, at the end of he season.

Interesting item from Ollie Florent's pocket profile from the Swans website:
    Most underrated AFL player: Jordan Foote

Do we have to re-evaluate Ollie's footy smarts?

He becomes a list clogger once he's out of contract, at the end of he season.

Interesting item from Ollie Florent's pocket profile from the Swans website:
    Most underrated AFL player: Jordan Foote

Do we have to re-evaluate Ollie's footy smarts?
    Irony

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar

Sort of like a Designated Survivor Ludwig? Designated survivor - Wikipedia

Designated survivor.jpg
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Sort of like a Designated Survivor Ludwig? Designated survivor - Wikipedia
    Are you suggesting that Jordan Foote should be kept at an undisclosed location as far from the footy field as possible?

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Are you suggesting that Jordan Foote should be kept at an undisclosed location as far from the footy field as possible?
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast