Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Sydney to Sydney Journey has Finally Begun!! (Plus - some tickets available)

Goes up to 11
    Davey - this story is so cool. So cool in fact, I've been in touch with the club and they'd like to interview you and do a story for the website. I have sent you an IM with contact details for the gentleman in the Swans media team, so check your messages on here, and hopefully you'll be happy to have a chat to the club so we can all learn a bit more about yourselves and your fantastic journey.

Welcome to Sydney, NSW, DaveyC. I will be out of town this weekend but reckon you've picked an exccellent game to attend. When I looked at the fixture for this year, of all the H&A games it jumped out at me as the first I wanted to attend because of the good opposition and the afternoon fixture. I was crestfallen when I realised it clashed with other plans that have to take priority. I hope you have a super time and I look forward to hearing your story sooner or later.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Yeah me too.
    But on my travels, particularly in Europe, I noticed that most Canadians have flags on their bags.
    They told me that this was because they were always asked where in the USA they were from.
    You can usually discern a Canadian by the way they aren't smothering their food with cheese.

Fair call CTS.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Davey - this story is so cool. So cool in fact, I've been in touch with the club and they'd like to interview you and do a story for the website. I have sent you an IM with contact details for the gentleman in the Swans media team, so check your messages on here, and hopefully you'll be happy to have a chat to the club so we can all learn a bit more about yourselves and your fantastic journey.
    I�m delighted to hear this news - but what magic powers am I missing? I sent an email with detailed info about DaveyC to Member Services and a Swans media officer on 14 February - and apart from the automated response have had no reply. I have been less than impressed.

I had extracted background about Davey from his various interesting posts over the last several years. I could forward this on to your contact at the club if you wanted to DM his contact details to me.

Looking at it from a pure publicity angle, it's story that can be spun to be a nice fluff piece for the club.
    These things are grabbed by the media, and it's all press for the club.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Looking at it from a pure publicity angle, it's story that can be spun to be a nice fluff piece for the club.
    These things are grabbed by the media, and it's all press for the club.
    Yep, that�s what I suggested to the club .... The Sydney papers love this sort of story.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I�m delighted to hear this news - but what magic powers am I missing? I sent an email with detailed info about DaveyC to Member Services and a Swans media officer on 14 February - and apart from the automated response have had no reply. I have been less than impressed.

I had extracted background about Davey from his various interesting posts over the last several years. I could forward this on to your contact at the club if you wanted to DM his contact details to me.
    Hi Meg - I've sent you a message. Hopefully we can get this great story the airing it deserves.... And it wouldn't hurt if the club could throw in a few scarves/caps to our visitors. Or better still, and audience with Mike Pyke ????.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Great work Jono and Meg. I made inquiries myself and it was already underway, so you've nailed it.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Meg + other RWO members, if you have an idea that might merit some action by the club, shoot me a message if you have trouble getting in contact. I'm in regular contact with the media and membership team and can get things to the right people.

To be honest, if it's an RWO community matter, it might be a better idea to coordinate this through one person so the club doesn't have to deal with too many people on the same issue. That person doesn't have to be me, I'm very happy for any one of you to be that person.

Only suggesting that for things that spring up from within this site, not your own issues (happy to assist on that too if you ever need it though).

No biggie either way, just my thoughts. PM me with any ideas of your own as always.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

You can usually discern a Canadian by the way they aren't smothering their food with cheese.
    Usually, but have you ever been to Quebec?Do you know what poutine is? It�s practically the Canadian national dish, although i don�t recall ever seeing it in Ontario.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Usually, but have you ever been to Quebec?Do you know what poutine is? It�s practically the Canadian national dish, although i don�t recall ever seeing it in Ontario.

Tom
    Nope
    Nope - had to Google it - gross
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Hi Meg - I've sent you a message. Hopefully we can get this great story the airing it deserves.... And it wouldn't hurt if the club could throw in a few scarves/caps to our visitors. Or better still, and audience with Mike Pyke ????.
    Now that you've mentioned Mike, I'm just wondering how fit he is? Could he make a comeback? Could he be disguised as Kurt Tippett?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast