Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 3 V GWS

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Maybe we should play Buddy in the ruck.

(Not serious, in case anyone is wondering).

I'd love us to think outside the box on the ruck shortage. Could we play Dawson as second ruck? He's the same size as Grigg. His numbers in the NEAFL as a midfielder were impressive. Essentially, concede the centre bounce, attempt to break even on the around the ground ruck contests but then have an extra midfielder around the ball.

Or Kennedy? Or Melican?
    C'mon Chels!

I hope they name ruthless.
    He's a good player.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Reid for Fox

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Reid for Fox
    No jones
    Emg newman Fox Foote O�Riordan

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Reid for Fox
    No jones
    Emg newman Fox Foote O�Riordan
    I finally have news on last weeks practice match, apparently Newman, Foote & O'Riordan impressed :-)

I'm surprised Rohan has held his spot.

He needs to use his pace and height, to have more impact..Apply more consistent pressure...Get more of the ball...And do it over 4 quarters....

That's the wish list for him anyway.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Toby Greene still out for the Giants, Hopper and Perryman in for Scully and Zac Langdon. Their 2 best small forwards are out, but they still have a strong side, and very tall.

We are close to full strength. I thought Fox played well, but probably not needed so much given the Giants don't have a strong mid sized forward for a matchup. In any case, we still have Jones and Aliir to come into the side at some point and it's going to be hard to find any outs from here. It looks that we are going full steam ahead in the Hayward and Florent development, which makes sense, given there at so many more youngsters who should be knocking on the door very soon. We have to keep the conveyor belt moving along.

I see that Rohan was named in the midfield. I know that doesn't mean much, but with Reid and Hayward in the side I prefer Rohan playing behind the ball. One of the keys to success this year is the challenge of getting Rohan more involved in the play. I think there's too much work for him to do to compete for possessions in such a strong forward line. Rohan has a player profile quite similar to Dangerfield, with his size, pace, marking and kicking skills. So why is Danger a Brownlow medalist and Rohan, ... well, Rohan? It has to be his willingness to work hard enough. Let's try to make it a little easier for him to get his hands on the ball. He will be usefull in defence with his ability to cover the ball over the back and using his pace to run the ball out of the back line, especially with neither Jones and Aliir in the side.

Veterans List
    A few players from last have dodged a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    A few players from last have dodged a bullet.
    Fired from the grassy knoll of RWO

Regular in the Side
    I would seriously consider whether Rohan has the tank for a midfield role.

I was quite disappointed with the audio quality in this week's selection video, not that the visual part was all that hot either. So the first thing I did was call Andrew Ireland to complain. He told me that the Swans were understaffed in the Media Department, with only 8 employees and were presently doing interviews to fill several vacant positions, including

1. Multimedia Coordinator - Audio
    2. Audio Engagement Executive
    3. Audio Services Manager
    4. Sound Production Development Coach
    5. Audio Equipment Procurement Manager
    6. Audio Executive Assistant
    7. Assistant Audio Executive Assistant
    8. Sound Producer - Sweet Caroline Division
    9. Fan Engagement Coordinator - Sweet Caroline Division

So don't despair. Improvements are just around the corner.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

... I see that Rohan was named in the midfield. I know that doesn't mean much, but with Reid and Hayward in the side I prefer Rohan playing behind the ball. One of the keys to success this year is the challenge of getting Rohan more involved in the play. I think there's too much work for him to do to compete for possessions in such a strong forward line. Rohan has a player profile quite similar to Dangerfield, with his size, pace, marking and kicking skills. So why is Danger a Brownlow medalist and Rohan, ... well, Rohan? It has to be his willingness to work hard enough. Let's try to make it a little easier for him to get his hands on the ball. He will be usefull in defence with his ability to cover the ball over the back and using his pace to run the ball out of the back line, especially with neither Jones and Aliir in the side.
    Like many others I wonder about Rohan's progress. Yes, the injury was horrific, but I think he is past that. And I've thought about the resemblance he bears with Dangerfield. My guess is that Dangerfield is an imaginative player in any position. He also seems to have a capacity to read the game as well as the best of his era, and I suspect this is what Rohan lacks, comparatively speaking. Playing on a wing could be a way of using him to link the backs with the forwards; his speed and marking ability would be was useful in this role as they are up forward. He has the chance to be a more productive player, and I hope he can grab it with both hands - so to speak.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast