Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 3, Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, 07/04/18, SCG @sydneyswans #AFLSwansGiants

Quote Originally Posted by Cainit View Post
    Again not much from Rohan i know he kicked two oportunistic goals but reallly gave us nothing else unlike Hayward who was good all game. The goals will save him from being dropped next week but will need a 20+ possession game to warrant another game.
    Besides that great qin go Swannies
    Did you see the ressies game? Unfortunately there wasn't anyone in that game that screamed pick me, pick me with the exception of probably Newman who probably isn't the type of player to switch with Rohan. I agree he needs to do more but unfortunately we don't have many other better options at the minute!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not too long back to Canberra after an enjoyable trip up. A good game of footy (Though we still make so many of our own problems!), but in my opinion a thoroughly deserved win overall.

Really liked the work of Hayward tonight - he will be a very decent player. Florent again had flashes though limited touches, Heeney is so fantastic in the way he can go off both sides with both hands and feet, and Sammy Reid (despite that howling miss late) made a big difference to our forward structure. Great shutdown role by Georgie Hewett too - shows how possession stats can be deceiving.

All in all, very happy with the result - the GWS contingent is slowly growing, but at a very slow rate (at least away from home).
    Last edited by mcs; 8th April 2018 at 04:01 AM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I only saw the first quarter, but how much better do we look with Reid in the team. !

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I don't believe that stat.
    The problem was not our disposal efficiency. It was dropping and fumbling the ball. Exactly the same thing happened last week and GWS had the same problem, although their DE was so woeful that they often didn�t even get their hands on it.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    The problem was not our disposal efficiency. It was dropping and fumbling the ball. Exactly the same thing happened last week and GWS had the same problem, although their DE was so woeful that they often didn�t even get their hands on it.
    Despite warm night, conditions looked to be greasy again. Both teams had trouble with ball handling. Can't remember conditions like this at SCG at night. Maybe I'm wrong. Is it time of year in Sydney? Humidity? I'm in Melbourne so don't know local weather patterns.

Heeney was easily BOG. And go and look at the contest in the middle before Bud�s big goal. A tackle to dispossess them, leaps to his feet and the handball under pressure to the big fella. He�s a remarkable young player.

Yes, Henney for mine . His abilty to leap and still take the grab especially if the ball was greasy as suggested is outstanding.
    Future captain .
    The foot passing still well below average for this level. Not even close many times .
    Good win though .
    If they had Green and Scully , may well have been the reverse .
    Good to have Reid and his marking skill back.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Did you see the ressies game? Unfortunately there wasn't anyone in that game that screamed pick me, pick me with the exception of probably Newman who probably isn't the type of player to switch with Rohan. I agree he needs to do more but unfortunately we don't have many other better options at the minute!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I saw the ressies game and thought Brown looked really good.

Not in stats so much but in his positioning for the contest and the boy really has some muscles.

He laid some great tackles but was also quick around the ground.

Would rather play him that Rohan, because he won't disappear for three quarters!

Rohan looks to be in Tippo category; great promise never to be fulfilled.
    doof-doof

One of the most enjoyable matches I've attended in 20 years of membership. Great atmosphere, quality opposition, lots of tension, and a team that didn't give up. Heeney outstanding, Florent poised and strong. Sinclair's best game yet, and I though that Towers was really impressive. Liked seeing Buddy able to roam up the ground and work across the 50 arc. Reid, apart from his brain fade, was terrific, both straightening us up, but working up the wings to provide an an option for the kicks down the line we were struggling with last week. Cunningham has found his role, too, I think. Smith looked under the hammer, but Rampe worked his way into the game well. Mellican is poised, and Lloyd is just serene as the playmaker across HB.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the final quarter of the NEAFL. Aliir was on the bench, perched on the back of a chair, which suggests he wasn't injured, but being managed. Anyone know anything?
    Rose was in good touch, and Amarty is someone to watch.

I actually prefer Reid in the back line - his height is an advantage & his defence is pretty good (howl me down if you like).Heeney
    is great, Sinclair is getting more confident & comfortable in his own skin, Papley is just a little terrier - love him and young Hayward is going to be awesome when he grows up - I�m liking him. But I�m concerned about Hanners, Kieran & Reg - they just seem a bit flat. Just my observation that�s all. But a wins a win!!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Veteran Site Admin
    I reckon that was a very even performance across the team. They all made some mistakes but it's hard to find a player who also didn't have some very good moments. I think the coaches' faith in sticking with Florent and Hayward is being vindicated. Florent wasn't as involved this week as last (but still had good moments) but this week it was Hayward's turn to really step it up.

A lot of our younger players were excellent. Heeney's already been spoken about in the thread, and while I wouldn't have had Mills as BOG, his game was much better than the first two rounds. Melican was impressive, especially early in the game, with his composure and his ability to impact contests. Hewett shutting down Whitfield was impressive. And Papley was super lively too. We are no longer a team that relies on the top four or five players having good games. Not that they older players didn't also contribute, but it wasn't just down to them.

Hannebery is only one game back from injury, and Grundy had a limited preseason (but I do worry about Hannebery: always looks hurt, some terrible disposals, and it was ordinary watching Shiels run around him). I thought that Jack was terrific, playing more in the middle this year than forward.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast