Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 3, Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, 07/04/18, SCG @sydneyswans #AFLSwansGiants

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Despite warm night, conditions looked to be greasy again. Both teams had trouble with ball handling. Can't remember conditions like this at SCG at night. Maybe I'm wrong. Is it time of year in Sydney? Humidity? I'm in Melbourne so don't know local weather patterns.
    The SCG groundskeeper has started using Buddy's grease instead of water when watering the grass.

Was just watching the highlights and Hudson's call of Buddy's goal was great. It's nice when you can watch an incredible highlight and not have to listen to inane commentary. I reckon "THIS IS BUDDY FRANKLIN!" is a grab that we'll be hearing in future publicity material.

Reports that Reid will be out for a month with a quad injury....Melican strained his hammy...

If true, losing Reid particularly, is a blow to our structure up forward..Not to mention his versatility.

And with Grundy still feeling his way into the season, losing Melican is significant also.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Reports that Reid will be out for a month with a quad injury....Melican strained his hammy...

If true, losing Reid particularly, is a blow to our structure up forward..Not to mention his versatility.

And with Grundy still feeling his way into the season, losing Melican is significant also.
    Or, from afl.com.au:

MEDICAL ROOM
    Sydney: The Swans looked to have come out of the derby without any injury worries.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post

Reid is a huge blow if out. Melican has been in good early season form, so if those reports are right then we will have issues - especially with some tough games to come in approaching weeks.

I hope afl.com.au is right for once...
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Callum Sinclair has really stepped up with his added responsibility and his three goals were crucial.

He seems to be highly rated internally and could well be another player we get improvement out of. I still worry how we will go against a team with an elite ruckman but Sinkers will give us 100% and that is all we can ask for.

Good team effort last night. Happy to see us continue to get games into Olly and Will, Will was particularly impressive and looks a great pickup.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Was just watching the highlights and Hudson's call of Buddy's goal was great. It's nice when you can watch an incredible highlight and not have to listen to inane commentary. I reckon "THIS IS BUDDY FRANKLIN!" is a grab that we'll be hearing in future publicity material.
    Hudson is one of the best. His unbias commentary and excitement at great footy moments is brilliant to witness. His call of the final moments of the 2005 'Nick Davis' final against Geelong (his team) is legendary......

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Hudson is one of the best. His unbias excitement at great footy moments is brilliant to witness. His call of the final moments of the 2005 'Nick Davis' final against Geelong (his team) is legendary......
    Wow! I always thought that was Gerard Whately (also a Cats fan), but you are right - it was Hudson.

Senior Player
    Wow! I always thought that was Gerard Whately (also a Cats fan), but you are right - it was Hudson.
    I don't think Whateley's called games for television.

Agree with above, Hudson is a good caller.

Quote Originally Posted by Papernick View Post
    I still worry how we will go against a team with an elite ruckman but Sinkers will give us 100% and that is all we can ask for.
    Agree. Apparently Stefan Martin thumped a Ryder-less Port in the ruck this week. Makes me nervous for our match against the Lions.

The radio call from the late Clynton Grybas was superb too that night - you can get it if I remember rightly on the DVD version of it from the 2005 victory pack, or else its still around on YouTube as well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Well, wasn't that lovely?
    Towers is underrated. He did some lovely things at crucial times.
    Massive room for improvement by all and sundry. Percentage is a big deal and we need lots of it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.