Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 4, Sydney Swans v Bulldogs, 4:35pm 14/04 Etihad @sydneyswans #AFLDogsSwans

Veterans List
    I walked away, couldn't follow it in the last 15 minutes.....then heard my Swans App 'whistle'. Bloody hell, 7 pts. Oh well, at last we got the points. Sounds like nothing has changed in regard to the way we are umpired in Melbourne against Victorian teams. Stevic needs a 'fatwa' declared against him.......

thank god!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Stevic tried his best!! But we got over the line - just!! A wins a win

Senior Player
    Good win Swans!!! Still won even though the umpires were in great nick (29-16). Gutsy stuff!

#freekickbulldogs

What was Luke Parker thinking? I'm not Maccas biggest fan but without him tonight we lose.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    GO YOU MIGHTY BLOODS!!!!

woohoo! We could e lost that game in the first quarter but hung on and ground out a win. It will be forgotten - but it is these types of wins that are the difference between top 4 or 5-8

That was good to get the 4 points there. The dogs played pretty well and were wasteful. We could�ve easily gone down.

In regards to the umps, I�m finding the incessant whining boring and predictable. I think there were a few decisions where we didn�t get the run of the green but there were some that went our way too.

Finally, it was awesome to see Ollie kick that last goal. Credit to English for his chase but the finish was sublime.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    That was good to get the 4 points there. The dogs played pretty well and were wasteful. We could�ve easily gone down.

In regards to the umps, I�m finding the incessant whining boring and predictable. I think there were a few decisions where we didn�t get the run of the green but there were some that went our way too.

Finally, it was awesome to see Ollie kick that last goal. Credit to English for his chase but the finish was sublime.
    It was a wonderful, skillful finish- and agree, great chase from English as well. Wonderful effort from two young guys to sprint it out late in a game so early in the season.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veteran Site Admin
    Definitely stole those points. The Swans had patches where they played good football but as soon as they got out to a couple of goal lead, they stopped doing what had got them back into the game. Macca, Parker and Heeney were excellent, a few were solid (Sinclair, Mills) but most of the rest had a mixed afternoon.

It was a good thing for Florent that he kicked that goal because it wasn't the right play. I guess he didn't know exactly how long there was left, but he really should have stopped and taken his time. That said, it's great to see the rush of blood into the minds of young players when the outcome is good.

I really have no idea why Aliir played if he was going to play that role. He has no experience and isn't going to make it at AFL level playing there. I can't believe it built up his confidence and/or match fitness. He'd have been better off running around marking the Lions' tall NEAFL forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    What was Luke Parker thinking? I'm not Maccas biggest fan but without him tonight we lose.
    Yes, McVeigh was hitting targets all game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    It was a wonderful, skillful finish- and agree, great chase from English as well. Wonderful effort from two young guys to sprint it out late in a game so early in the season.
    Yes, an enjoyable finish to the game. Though I may have enjoyed Dunkley's drop, just that little bit more.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Definitely stole those points. The Swans had patches where they played good football but as soon as they got out to a couple of goal lead, they stopped doing what had got them back into the game. Macca, Parker and Heeney were excellent, a few were solid (Sinclair, Mills) but most of the rest had a mixed afternoon.

It was a good thing for Florent that he kicked that goal because it wasn't the right play. I guess he didn't know exactly how long there was left, but he really should have stopped and taken his time. That said, it's great to see the rush of blood into the minds of young players when the outcome is good.

I really have no idea why Aliir played if he was going to play that role. He has no experience and isn't going to make it at AFL level playing there. I can't believe it built up his confidence and/or match fitness. He'd have been better off running around marking the Lions' tall NEAFL forwards.
    i

Agree we were lucky although we ground our way back into the game when we could have been blown away early. Thought Rampe and McVeigh were great down back under pressure. Parker was huge in tight but annoys me with turnovers trying to do too much. That slack kick in the last quarter when we had control of the ball was a shocker although nowhere as bad as Dunkley's clanger!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

Allir was not as good in the air as I thought he might be. Probably replaced by Rowan when he is mentally ready. Allier looked a bit underdone but I guess they still rate his potential and wanted to encourage him.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast