Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 5 V Adelaide

Changes for Rnd 5 V Adelaide

Alir looked all at sea last week as a forward. Newman looked shaky as a defender. Not surprised at all to see both of them dropped. Marsh of course can play defense. We will be a short down back but if it�s wet then that may not matter. We could not get a better time to play the Crows with their injuries. Our midfield should win easily. My main concern at present with our side is the over reliance on Buddy up forward. The loss of Reid long term is a big blow. We can only hope that we can win enough games without him that when the finals come Reid is back and firing to give us a realistic tilt at a premiership. He should be back after the mid season break so fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goes up to 11
    Nah it's not gonna rain tomorrow night.

I would have preferred to see us get a few games into Aliir...

Veterans List
    Expect Crows to make one or two late changes if the ground is wet, talls out for runners like Hampton.

Senior Player
    I'm happy enough with these changes.

Rohan to take Aliir's spot as marking forward/contested mark target around the ground. Marsh to take Newman's spot, given his comparatively better form. Reckon main question was whether Marsh or Aliir played as that third tall defender. I'm happy enough with the form player, but really hope Aliir builds up form for the reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    With Sloane out the Crows will be missing 3 of their best inside midfielders (Crouch x2 being the other two). Imagine the Swans missing Kennedy, Parker and Heeney. We should have the advantage in this area
    Not if our mids play like last wek we won't.

Regular in the Side
    Newman not even named as one of the four emergencies.
    He has seriously annoyed someone.

Senior Player
    Hayward is very lucky to be getting a game.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Must be for disciplinary reasons, otherwise it makes no sense.More metres gained than half the side, middle of the road stats in front of other players who held their spots. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into it. Darcy Cameron not being named as an emergency is perhaps more significant, seeing that he was named in our bests in the ressies and he would be the natural backup ruckman. Now it would be Aliir that comes in if Sinclair falls over.

Newman is not a great defender, so he would have to play through the midfield, primarily on the wing, and we have a lot of options there.

Veterans List
    I think that Marsh has come in as he is seen as a stronger option against the big forwards. I thought Newman made his same mistakes in the first half last week. Hesitant when he had the ball and got no trajectory with his kicks. Like the previous week he played better in the 2nd half. Maybe Rohan goes back also and runs off the slow, tall forwards.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into it. Darcy Cameron not being named as an emergency is perhaps more significant, seeing that he was named in our bests in the ressies and he would be the natural backup ruckman. Now it would be Aliir that comes in if Sinclair falls over.

Newman is not a great defender, so he would have to play through the midfield, primarily on the wing, and we have a lot of options there.
    Cameron wasn�t named in the bests. They were Fox Marsh McCartin and Ronke

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Cameron wasn�t named in the bests. They were Fox Marsh McCartin and Ronke
    He featured in the official votes for the game, which, I understand (from you) combine both coaches' and umpires' votes.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast