IN: Melican
OUT: Hayward

There has been some cheap talk over the last week about Sydney kicking too much to Buddy, but I'm not sure there's much choice with Reid out and no second ruckman to rest forward. If Buddy had converted the marks he took inside and around 50 on Friday, we would have won. It also worked really well against WCE.

Our concerns are more around the contested ball. Heeney and Parker have been our best clearance players this year, and ideally wouldn't play as much forward. I wonder whether Hewett could play more forward - he's a decent mark and set shot. Gary was dangerous on Friday and will be better for the run. Ideally we would have another taller type in there - McCartin, or even Cameron, but they need more NEAFL games. The bye was a bummer this week.

Given the above, it might seem contradictory to suggest Hayward be replaced - and I'm a big fan - he's just a bit off the pace at the moment. Marsh was very good on Friday and perhaps allows Mills to move into the midfield. It'll be great to have Melican back.