Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Geelong

So Robinson at 184 cm is going to punch hit in the ruck? I can�t believe that! Ruckman have not been that short since the era of Jack Dyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Allir might as well look at his options with other clubs. Seriously!
    Agree.

On Newman; his disposal has dropped off a lot but boy he at least gets the footy. Can't say the same for Robinson.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I agree...I've found him to be predictably ordinary in his AFL games so far....Maybe a stint in the ruck will be his making.....wishful thinking more likely.

Fox over Newman is an interesting call....Please give Jack a tagging role.
    But Ernie, Robinson is 5 foot nothing. He won't even come up to the knee caps of the Geelong rucks. Like throwing cream puffs at the town hall. You 'aint going to move it.

We may as well take the time to get players right at this time of the year - the last couple of seasons have shown it now means much more to just get to September heathy and firing, rather than grind the whole year to finish top 2 or 4.

This week feels like it did heading into the 2015 final against Freo, and we nearly won that.

It doesn't seem a great plan nevertheless to either overwork Sinclair and/or totally concede the ruck contests, and the concept of playing a small forward line doesn't just click into place - but we don't have too many options really.

I'm sure it's not the attitude internally, but the whole early announcement of the outs with Buddy and Hanners did have a bit of a depressing, white flag feel to it. Particularly when hearing Selwood got off his suspension.

But at least this week the one thing we won't be is totally predictable.

Teams playing a �small� forward line still have one big target. Think Jack Riewold at tigers. At very least, I feel we need someone to bring the ball to ground and I can�t see anyone to fill that role in the selected team. It�s a big ask to expect the small forwards, so use to having Buddy around to now win their own ball and create their own scoring opportunities. If it pays off, this could be the making of our team. If it falls flat, we potentially will get caned. I really hope Horse and the brainstrust know what they are doing.............

Senior Player
    Who ever would have thought this time last year that we would have been lamenting Dean being out with an injury.? At least the odds are against us and as we do have a reasonable recent record at the cattery I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    So Robinson at 184 cm is going to punch hit in the ruck? I can�t believe that! Ruckman have not been that short since the era of Jack Dyer.

I mentioned about Robinson possibly rucking simply because I noticed him doing it for a quarter in a JLT match. That could mean absolutely nothing.

It could be an interesting ploy if they just didn�t plan on contesting any ruck contests. I don�t mean not nominate as then their ruck could just catch and then dispose of the ball. But we will prob plan on not jumping and just making sure their ruck can�t take clean possession. After that we have to rove from their rucks

Veterans List
    There must be a ruck and a forward plan given the outs and which ins they chose.

All those complaining about Horse not having a plan B and being too stubborn to change from his set ways, well shut up, because he's really gone radical now!

Regular in the Side
    the worst team selection for I dunno how long. Johnno must have some tricks up his sleeve for the fwds against his old side. No big guys on fed line you have to get it to the ground for smaals to do something and the way we kick to them (the fwds) has been appalling doesn't Longmire see that. Robbo will never make it but we keep trying him.
    Wahts wrong with at least giving aa or Cameron a go 0 goals at least loss.

To be fair to Robinson he has always had to play the defensive half forward in the seniors. This means you basically run up and down the ground trying to block the opposition running half backs.
    I hope he gets a chance to play in his correct position which is midfield. He certainly smashes that position in the neafl with more than 35 disposals a game so far this year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post

Parker is a possibility to relieve Sinclair. Has contested ruck before. May give Sinclair a chance to rest forward at times.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Parker is a possibility to relieve Sinclair. Has contested ruck before. May give Sinclair a chance to rest forward at times.
    Yes. Looking at the stats, Parker easily has the second most career hitouts of the 22 who will play on Saturday, with 73 (Robinson has 3 career hitouts). I guess it depends how competitive they want to be in the ruck - you'd think Parker would be more likely to win a tap but it might be at the expense of his contribution elsewhere (or injury).