Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Geelong

Cats $1.43 Swans $2.90. It's been a while since we were that long odds.

How many emergencies travel? If McCartin and Aliir are not playing I�d rather them getting game time in the NEAFL.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    How about winning the centre square? that will take pressure off the over worked backs!
    Now that�s a good idea!

I�m shocked at the lack of talls. Weather forecast is for a fine day. I think we need someone with height to back up our lone ruckman and provide some sort of forward target. What on earth are they thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Robinson in? Not good enough. We should be like the Chinese and change our recycling policy.

Obviously Newman, Aliir, Cameron are not trusted by the coaches. I would have brought Newman in front of Robinson, who I feel is not good enough talent wise. But I'm not a coach or selector, what do I know!!! Keeping fingers crossed that Swans put up a fierce contest. Those of us who remember, a few years back, we beat Geelong with a great team effort, less talent on paper but fantastic intent

Allir might as well look at his options with other clubs. Seriously!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Allir might as well look at his options with other clubs. Seriously!
    No offence but a silly comment. With Grundy going soon either Allir or Maibaum will replace him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Wow. We certainly have gone small. It�s good to see Ronke rewarded. Melican must still be a week away.

Who is helping Sinkers in the ruck?
    I think Robinson will be our backup ruck. He rucked for an entire quarter in the JLT this year so they�ve given it to him before.

Gonna be an interesting week.

Go Ronke

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I think Robinson will be our backup ruck. He rucked for an entire quarter in the JLT this year so they�ve given it to him before.

Gonna be an interesting week.

Go Ronke
    Yep.

I suspect it was, before the poke in the eye:
    - Fox to take Mills' spot in the backline, with Mills in turn to move into the midfield to replace Hanners;
    - Ronke for Buddy, to play as a speed small forward (Longmire suggested as much in his 'team selection' interview).

Then with Towers out, Robinson in to pinch-hit in the ruck and provide an extra midfielder to win the ball when it hit the ground. Robinson might also play around the ball when Parker/Heeney/Kennedy play forward. Parker pretty much confirmed in his presser today that he or Kennedy would play as a marking target forward at times. However, I suspect, as selected, that Heeney will mostly play that role. It's a real bummer because Parker and Heeney have been our best contested possession/clearance winners this year.

We've been disadvantaged by the NEAFL schedule - delayed start to the year and an inopportune bye. McCartin or Aliir might have been more chance to play with games under their belt. Again, Longmire began an answer to a question about team selection on Tuesday with a comment that Aliir needs more minutes at reserves level. I think they want to avoid making it difficult for him by playing him before he is ready (again). The NEAFL game this week is an important one.

As others have said, really pleased for Ronke - looking forward to seeing him play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'll add my congratulations to Ronke. We knew he was getting close and now he has his chance. He's a bit in the mould of all those small forwards running around in the Richmond team.

I am slightly surprised they didn't run with Aliir, once Towers was out. He was awful up forward but I think he'd be better suited in the ruck and he has at least trained a bit there over the pre-season.

I am also disappointed not to see the return of Melican, though the Cats don't have an overly tall forward line, even with the return of Hawkins. Menzel missing the game at least gives us some relief. He's been in excellent form.
    Melican must still be injured. Harley sounded more guarded than I expected regarding Melican's prospects in his injury report interview this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    No offence but a silly comment. With Grundy going soon either Allir or Maibaum will replace him.
    Of aliir can't get a game this week, its hard to see when, even if Grundy retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Robinson in? Not good enough. We should be like the Chinese and change our recycling policy.
    I agree...I've found him to be predictably ordinary in his AFL games so far....Maybe a stint in the ruck will be his making.....wishful thinking more likely.

Fox over Newman is an interesting call....Please give Jack a tagging role.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT