Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Geelong

Maybe we will adjust our expectation a bit. And look to make top 8, not rush players back and hope the team hits good form at the end of the season.

The next six games are not bad to lose franklin. Geelong and hawthorn away we may have lost anyway and the other four are winnable if the team plays well.

I would probably bring in cameron. He does not seem that mobile. But i think you could park him in the forward line and have papley, rohan, heeney, hayward and maybe ronke floating around him.

If there is a spot in midfield, i would like to see ronke get a shot. He seems to have a bit of energy and pace and be an option half forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I think Melican ( if fit) and Allir in , Allir rucks 50% with Sinclair and towers splitting the rest and swapping up forward. Heeney and Parker more forward time and Mills more midfield. A forward line with Rohan, Heeney/paRker and Towers/ Sinclair doesn�t sound to bad to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ever the eternal optimist 'bloods.

That forward line does sound a bit ordinary, but one that can be used as a leadup/slingshot style if the mids can lower their eyes.

Pushing for Selection

Buddy

Buddy to miss at least 4 weeks due to bruised Heel Channel 7 Sports to night.

Senior Player
    Four weeks for a bruised heel sounds a bit much to me. Surely with rest and icing etc a good 10 days off his feet should help?

Chilcott mentioned Grundy in the forward line before - might be a good move actually. If Melican is fit bring him in for Hawkins, Aliir in for next big forward If Grundy played forward I would bring in McCartin on his home patch. Grundy will look after him and Grundy is a very good mark at least. We should have enough blokes to cycle through the midfield to cover an (injured affected) Hannebery.
    Last edited by liz; 24th April 2018 at 09:19 PM.

Pushing for Selection
    Buddy has had it since game 1 against the eagles also has a groin????

Quote Originally Posted by Old S.M.Blood View Post
    Buddy to miss at least 4 weeks due to bruised Heel Channel 7 Sports to night.
    Says who?

With Buddy out, our tall timber stocks are looking barer still! I�ve watched both NEAFL games and both McCartain and Amartey looked more impressive then Cameron. Amartey is faster, better over head and McCartain better on the lead them Cameron. Unfortunately Cameron appears to lack mobility and a bit of mongrel. He was beaten by Simpson and Flynn against GWS and then by Mcinerny and Smith against the Lions. The reality is if we had any of the big men he has come up against, they would be automatic choices in our team at present. My choice to replace buddy would be Amartey, given he has a huge vertical leap and can ruck, as opposed to McCartain who is just a key forward. Aliir is struggling in Neafl and just looks lost. Like the suggestion of Robbo for Hannebury. He has some run on him and is a goal kicking mid. And Ronke for Hayward to provide much needed forward defensive pressure.

Out Buddy, Hanners, Rohan
    In Amartey Melican Macartin,

Pushing for Selection
    Tim Watson Channel 7 Vic

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Old S.M.Blood View Post
    Tim Watson Channel 7 Vic
    And Selwood gets off.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Hanners groin injury is a fresh one, unrelated to the earlier one apparently, picked up during the Crows game. I think Buddy was doing a pretty good job of playing injured / leading the Coleman etc, but he has been getting worse and now they can't play him. I would imagine if Reid had not got injured they might have given him a spell sooner. Still it means opportunity for other young forwards.
    Hanners has had groin problems for 2 years. Didn't he have issues pre season with a groin. I seem to remember the surprise when he scorched in the 3km run time trial. Just leave him out until he is right. He had us a player short last week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    Having watched Hannebery closely for the last 2 yrs, it is clear his groins are giving him grief. He can�t run like he used to and his kicking has been atrocious. Let him rest until after the bye to give him a chance to recover. Medical guys should make the call and not Hanners as he will put his hand up every time to play. I�ve had the osteo groin issue and it is debilitating
    Ditto.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    The thought about buddy and depression had crossed my mind too during last weeks game. I agree and hope all is well for him.

I think this is going to force the coach�s hand and play at least one new tall forward or maybe even two. I would like to see Cameron and Mccartin come although I suspect it will be Cameron and Aliir. We will see soon
    Had the same thought about Buddy too.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast