Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 9, Swans vs Freo, 7:25pm, SCG #AFLSwansDockers @sydneyswans

Veteran Site Admin
    Just watched the last quarter, and saw that Kennedy's strapping was immediately below the knee, not above it. Medial or posterior cruciate ligament instability?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I noticed a broad band of white tape around Kennedy's thigh, just above the knee yesterday. Can't recall if it's been there in recent games. Seems to confirm that he's carrying some kind of injury, that would help explain why he's not been as dominant - consistently - as he usually is.

Can one of our resident physio experts shed any light on what tape above the knee might signify? I presume it's some kind of instability in the knee ligaments?
    It was just below the knee. See here: AFL Photos - Galleries - AFL Photo Galleries.

Is this a see-through strap v Hawthorn? AFL Photos - Galleries - AFL Photo Galleries.

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched the last quarter, and saw that Kennedy's strapping was immediately below the knee, not above it. Medial or posterior cruciate ligament instability?
    Sorry, missed this clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Clashing with the royal wedding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Oh? What royal wedding?
    Realistic comment
    Last edited by Danzar; 20th May 2018 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Unnecessary choice of words

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Not seeing a lot of positivity in the thread despite the dominant performance! You guys are hard to please
    You just don't get it, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Not seeing a lot of positivity in the thread despite the dominant performance! You guys are hard to please
    Humans are by nature slow to praise and quick to criticise ....

(You should meet my wife�s family !)
    And it�s proven on here on a weekly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    So Jones got smashed in a contest in the centre of the ground and was on the ground for a bit. In a great show of sportsmanship one of the freo players - shorter guy with the tats who played pretty well - helped him up then stayed with him for an unusual amount of time because he was clearly concerned about him.

Jones trotted off and got back into it. But I was touched by the sportsmanship displayed there.
    Michael Walters. He's actually a terrific player coming back from injury. Ross Lyon probably saved his career by sending him back to his WAFL club to meet team fitness standards a few years ago. That bit of tough love seems to have promoted his growth as a fine young man and footballer. He comes from the same street as Nicnat and Chris Yarran, so probably not an easy road.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    Michael Walters. He's actually a terrific player coming back from injury. Ross Lyon probably saved his career by sending him back to his WAFL club to meet team fitness standards a few years ago. That bit of tough love seems to have promoted his growth as a fine young man and footballer. He comes from the same street as Nicnat and Chris Yarran, so probably not an easy road.
    Well said - agreed.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    A good team effort, with everyone contributing.

Overall did what was expected and won.
    sprite

Below the knee usually means knee tendon tendonitis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    So Jones got smashed in a contest in the centre of the ground and was on the ground for a bit. In a great show of sportsmanship one of the freo players - shorter guy with the tats who played pretty well - helped him up then stayed with him for an unusual amount of time because he was clearly concerned about him.

Jones trotted off and got back into it. But I was touched by the sportsmanship displayed there.
    This is something I particularly noticed. MW turned around and went back to Zak immediately, and called in the trainers for him, and waited until he was attended to. I've twitted to Freo to say thanks for the sportsmanship and attention shown.

- - - Updated - - -

Re the question about why Joey wasn't chaired off. It was Smooch's 200th for the Swans, it was Joey's 200 playing for the Swans - he's already had his cudos (swans plus hawkes games)
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Well said - agreed.
    Thirded.

Walters is my favourite Dockers player by far, and quite probably my favourite non-Swans player across the entire competition. He was a bit rusty yesterday but still did his best to spark his team up forward. And he's developed from a young player who took time to adjust to the AFL system to one of the leaders at the Dockers. Would love to have him at Sydney, except that I think the Dockers need players like him more.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Players like ronke are doing the same job as him [Rohan] but better.
    I do wonder whether the arrival of Ronke could see Gaz dropped.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast