Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd 11 vs Carlton

Afl.com saying Papley (Managed)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Newman and Rohan for McCartin (omitted) and Papley (dropped)

Emg Allir Robinson Papley mcCartin
    Papley �rested� not dropped. Longmire made a point of saying Papley was a bit sore and would benefit from a rest. While McCartin would benefit from a run in NEAFL.

The rise of Ronke and Hayward means we can rest Papley I guess. Rohan an interesting one too. Dropped, doesn't play ressies and is now back in. Maybe he was rested too.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    The rise of Ronke and Hayward means we can rest Papley I guess. Rohan an interesting one too. Dropped, doesn't play ressies and is now back in. Maybe he was rested too.
    I think that's likely (re Rohan). He took a knock early in the Freo game and looked pretty sore for the rest of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Rohan an interesting one too. Dropped, doesn't play ressies and is now back in. Maybe he was rested too.
    That does seem to be the implication doesn�t it.

Poor Aliir he's never gonna get break till Grundy throws in the towel

Suprised to see Stoddart get another run. I'd imagine it'd only be for this week.

Veterans List
    Good to see Newman back, I was surprised he got dropped weeks ago but he's dominated at NEAFL level.

Stoddart lucky to hold his place, being given another game against what should be lesser opposition. Think O'Riordan has to be given a run next, has been better than Stoddart in the NEAFL.

Rohan will provide more than McCartin at FF, be more of a handful for Carlton defenders. Now we have so much depth, I'm happy for sore players like Rohan & Papley to be rested, it's important they are there when finals come around, if we make it.

If you scan through the Carlton line up, it's full of very ordinary footballers, we should put a space on them, chance for critical % here.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Good to see Newman back, I was surprised he got dropped weeks ago but he's dominated at NEAFL level.

Stoddart lucky to hold his place, being given another game against what should be lesser opposition. Think O'Riordan has to be given a run next, has been better than Stoddart in the NEAFL.

Rohan will provide more than McCartin at FF, be more of a handful for Carlton defenders. Now we have so much depth, I'm happy for sore players like Rohan & Papley to be rested, it's important they are there when finals come around, if we make it.

If you scan through the Carlton line up, it's full of very ordinary footballers, we should put a space on them, chance for critical % here.
    It seems to be policy to give young players a couple of games. Ronke came in and is now a fixture. I thought Stoddart showed a bit last week in trying conditions. He has good skills and gets to the right places. His goal was as cool as a cucumber. Newman gets a lot of possessions but wastes some with "cute" little kicks to nothing. When he came into the side he kicked long and accurate. If he gets back to that he becomes a big inclusion. Sounds like he has worked really hard to win back his spot.

Veterans List
    Good to see that we trained under lights last night. We have been asking for that for awhile so that they can train in dewy conditions.

Loved everyone wearing the indigenous guernsey during training. Although I think it will look better with the red shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    That does seem to be the implication doesn�t it.
    Trying not to speculate without facts, but he lost a child a few weeks back and has a new baby. May have just needed to take a breath.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Cameron has put together a decent block of games in the 2's. Regularly featuring in the best couple of players.

McCartin has been a really good contester and looks an excellent prospect. But I'd like to see Cameron given an opportunity.

Marsh was solid in a hard game with plenty of ball coming in. I'm surprised to read negative posts about his game against the Lions.

Stoddart definitely should get another run in much more favourable conditions...He played really well in poor conditions against a pretty fierce opponent.

So assuming no unknown injuries:

IN : Cameron

OUT : McCartin
    I agree Ernie that Marsh was vilified by some people both on here and BF. I thought he was a little more than solid. He played his role very well, especially as in the reserves he was playing mids.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Most of those 'knocking the door down' in the reserves will be seeking trades at season's end if they're not rewarded for their efforts soon, while we have injured players out.....Newman, O'Riordon, Cameron, Allir, Towers, Pink and Robertson must be getting sick of waiting......
    Pink hasn't been playing and he is a development player. He comes back either this week or next

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast