Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 11, Swans vs Blues, 7:50pm, SCG #AFLSwansBlues @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Ill only say this once, but mcveigh is having a cracking season.
    Just reading through this thread .... don�t worry Barry, once is enough, we won�t forget!

And yes, Macca has been fantastic this year. Makes a difference having a full preseason without injury.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Also hello to the gentleman sitting in front of me in the Ladies Stand browsing RWO at 3Q time.
    He�s lucky (I think) I couldn�t get mobile reception to do that in the Brewongle.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Forgot to mention Hewett, he is given big jobs every week and gets them done. Tonight he severely restricted the world's tallest midfielder Patrick Cripps and got plenty of it himself AND he's efficient with ball in hand.

George is slowly becoming one of our most important players as evidenced by his high finish in last years B&F, another high finish looms this year.
    I agree, I thought George played yet another great game tonight and was a very important part of the win.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    [QUOTE=liz;750964]I remember coming home sooo frustrated after the loss to North, not because we lost but because it was a dire, stop-start game where both teams were ordinary. Tonight was almost as bad, and I think the main culprit is the umpiring. Not biased umpiring - I couldn't tell you if we got the better or worse of it today - but just umpiring that takes all the flow from the game. I'd be surprised if there were more than half a dozen marking contests where the umpires didn't pull a free from somewhere, including a number of bizarre shepherding calls, more of which went in our favour than against.

I understand that it's a hard game to umpire, and expect that they will miss some, and make mistakes. But what's killing it for me is the philosophy behind penalising trivial things, especially in marking contests. Clarkson has an awful lot to answer for.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Spot on. This poisonous little turd has got everyone running scared. I was shocked that we didn't get disembowled by the umpires in the weeks immediately after his tanty, but I hadn't factored in that was versus Freo and Brisbane, who nobody in the AFL administration really cares about - the chickens started their inexorable and inevitable march towards the roost last night against an establishment (old school tie, boy's club, rah rah, went to school with old mate) club. Just wait until we play against Essendon, Collingwood or Richmond. Just enough distance from Clarko's comments for plausible deniability.We'll get brutally reamed.
    Last edited by Velour&Ruffles; 2nd June 2018 at 02:31 AM.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Goes up to 11
    Reg was so good tonight. Not that many would notice, but he was pretty bloody good in the clutches. Have we forgotten.how solid and dependable down back he is? Another immense effort. He is having another great season.

Heeney and Sinkers the other two in the votes for mine....

From what I've seen, you can draw a line through Robinson, but Towers and especially Fox would improve the 22 we saw tonight.

I've been a long time defender of Rohan, but he is struggling for touch at the moment and getting 20 touches in the 2's would help immensely.

Got to say, never thought Cunningham would look as comfortable as he has the past few weeks.... he is younger than you think and it seems he has got over the hump with regard to experience and belief.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

And Hewett is a beast!

I've seen JPK try to tag Cripps and not do as good a job.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    And Hewett is a beast!

I've seen JPK try to tag Cripps and not do as good a job.
    Hewett was terrific wasn�t he? He �wore� Cripps like a second skin.

When the whistle goes for a free these days, it is often the case that neither the players from either side or the commentators , the fans at the ground and those watching on TV have a clue who�s getting the free .
    The players just stand still waiting to see what happens next and where to run.
    Really strange .

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Forgot to mention Hewett, he is given big jobs every week and gets them done. Tonight he severely restricted the world's tallest midfielder Patrick Cripps and got plenty of it himself AND he's efficient with ball in hand.

George is slowly becoming one of our most important players as evidenced by his high finish in last years B&F, another high finish looms this year.
    Getting better and better. Brett Kirk influence?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    When the whistle goes for a free these days, it is often the case that neither the players from either side or the commentators , the fans at the ground and those watching on TV have a clue who�s getting the free .
    The players just stand still waiting to see what happens next and where to run.
    Really strange .
    Yeah I mentioned this earlier. Maybe in last weeks game thread.
    Very strange, and watching on TV we're equally in the dark most of the time.

Also, remember holding the ball?
    I think they now apply the 30 second countdown clock....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Spot on with everything.

Hanners is a big worry. He could hardly move and he was on managed time. He needs to work out his fitness issues in the reserves.
    Robinson played well against Hawthorn but goes out for an unfit senior player who is performing like a genuine list clogger. Will be interesting to see whether Hanners goes back to the 2's this week. Probably not, but he should.

Rohan has to be in the same boat. He had a couple of bursts on the ball and looked good, but late in the game his zip had disappeared that tells me he has a limited tank. He kept up his average stats at 9 for the game. Throw in Newman who looks as soft as butter and Stoddart in his second game, then we were genuinely undermanned. Against the better sides we will get flogged with that team. On Stoddart, I think he has what it takes. Reminds me of Florent in his first season.

I also wonder if this inability to put teams away is just us. The way we play and perhaps just don't have the cattle to really finish a side off. I like many, are frustrated that we keep teams in the game almost to the end.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast