Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 13, Swans vs Eagles, 7:50pm, SCG #AFLSwansEagles @sydneyswans

Senior Player
    Really enjoyed that game. Absorbing to watch at the ground, despite the atrocious field kicking. Swans defence was just fantastic. Hard fought physical stuff all game. And good to see Allir back in some form. Looked like both teams were spent by the end.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Top win. If we ever get our kicking into the forward line right, look out.

Tom McCartin is a really big find.
    Watching McCartin tonight I just said WOW! He could be something special. The last 2 free kicks of the game were jokes. One against buddy and one for west coast Kennedy. Glad he missed the goal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another good game by Ben Ronke but I wish he would take it on like in game one, when has the ball in hand going into the forward line. Could have taken another bounce and had a shot in the last quarter.
    Now that the opposition teams know what he is capable of I think it is unlikely that he will be allowed o do that again.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    last 2 free kicks of the game were jokes. One against buddy and one for west coast Kennedy. Glad he missed the goal.
    Yeah Kennedy basically ran into Rampe and just bounced off cheers of justice for that miss.

Veterans List
    Top win. If we ever get our kicking into the forward line right, look out.

Tom McCartin is a really big find.
    They showed a little package of McCartin's game highlights on Seven and I was thinking to myself, "have Saints fans ever seen that sort of nous and output from Paddy?" I reckon we got the good one.....and I have to concede Paddy's had a few head knocks to be fair....but Tom looks to be a beauty.

Tom Mc, chance for a rising star nom. Solid team effort. Well done boys.

Veterans List
    Vic journo's on afl.com.au at it already.....anything for a headline and the name Buddy/Lance guarantees it.

Is there a chance Lance did the Rance dance? - AFL.com.au

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Tom Mc, chance for a rising star nom. Solid team effort. Well done boys.
    Yep, cracking game by Tom. Marked well obviously, but hard at ground level too. Exciting stuff.

Veteran Site Admin
    I have been a Harry C critic but boy he has played good footy this year and deserves to keep his spot. He is transformed. He runs to right spots, has found a ticker, rarely makes a disposal mistake and has been really cool under pressure.
    Wow. Didn't think I'd ever read you being quite that positive about Harry.

You're right, though. He seems to have really found his groove and confidence this year and is contributing consistently to the team.

Very hard to find anyone who didn't play a good game today. Buddy wasn't at his best, but his "OK" is still pretty good and valuable. I thought Jack had his best game for a while, the defence was uniformly superb (with Reg the highlight but AA not far behind). Even Marsh seemed to track and attack the ball with more confidence and vigour than he sometimes does.

Do you reckon the media still thinks the Swans are an old and slow team? The "slow" tag still seems to linger, mostly based on the JPK/Parker/Hanners trio not being overly blessed with speed, but they aren't atypical of that kind of player, and Parker, in particular, seems to have found a little more leg oomph this season. He's certainly barging through and dodging around tackles. Would there be many other teams that can boast a cast of mids/flankers with more collective pace than Jones, Rohan, Ronke, Papley, Haywood, Cunningham, Florent and Jack?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Vic journo's on afl.com.au at it already.....anything for a headline and the name Buddy/Lance guarantees it.

Is there a chance Lance did the Rance dance? - AFL.com.au
    Nice headline though....

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    I got totally sick of his baraking instead of commentating. I know he's from Perth but at least he could try and be a little bit professional.
    You're joking........Right?

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yep, cracking game by Tom. Marked well obviously, but hard at ground level too. Exciting stuff.
    Can you believe he's only 18? Just goes to show that Beatson is probably the most underpaid person at the club.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast