Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 13, Swans vs Eagles, 7:50pm, SCG #AFLSwansEagles @sydneyswans

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Can you believe he's only 18? Just goes to show that Beatson is probably the most underpaid person at the club.
    It was easily McCartin's best game. Great sign that he's developed so much already. Credit to the coaching staff for bringing him on.

Reckon Florent will end up being (at least) top 5 selected from his draft, too.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Reg has two boys (ie. father and son prospects). Let's he we keep on his good side, unlike Dunkley.

Unlike Dunkley, Reg will retire when he wants to and there is a rumour he is intending to retire at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    It was easily McCartin's best game. Great sign that he's developed so much already. Credit to the coaching staff for bringing him on.

Reckon Florent will end up being (at least) top 5 selected from his draft, too.
    I thought McCartin was fantastic tonight for a very young and very raw player..he is improving week on week and making himself hard to drop. Really impressed with his 2nd and 3rd efforts. The kid has something! Does anyone get a little giddy as we begin to see our potential forward line post buddy developing before our eyes? Of course the eyes are on 2018, but there is so much to like about our cygnets regenerating our team from the bottom up.

As for Florent,he is going to be an absokute gun - a midfield general in the making. Yes his disposal needs some work and improvement but he plays like a footballer with 150 games under his belt in the way he thinks about his footy.

Great win tonight - a really enjoyable, tough win against a top quality team and a good game of footy to boot. Despite us having our concerns, we are in this years premiership race up to our necks!!!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Burra View Post
    You're joking........Right?
    I would hope he is not joking.......as Basil was truly nauseating tonight.

I love the way Florent, Ronke and Aliir have changed the look of the Swans. They have transformed us into one of the most exciting sides in the league. The New Swans have arrived.
    • Those lamenting the Tom Mitchell trade will have to have a rethink.
    • I thought Ronke was a good recruit and would be a senior player, but I didn't imagine he would be this good, and do it so quickly. He could be another Dayne Zorko. I look at the way he plays and I'm thinking Zorko. Exciting.
    • Aliir has only played 18 games. Another year and he could be a real force to be reckoned with. He adds new possibilities of how we can play our defence, particularly the way we rebound. It will be nice to see his confidence build in the coming weeks. I hope Longmire keeps him in the senior side.
    • McCartin is such a pleasant surprise. The youngest player in the AFL having a breakout game on the big stage. It bodes well for the future.

And it's so nice to see young old time favourites Lloyd and Hewett becoming 2 of the most important players at the club.

I didn't care much for the rumours about recruiting McGovern or Moore. When you see Aliir and McCartin play so well it's hard to see the need for recruiting another KPP and paying big bucks. Amartey will be a good player and I suspect Blakey will too.

The Swans' pressure was very good and matched a team that also brought a lot of pressure on the night. It shows that if the team plays a high pressure game, the skills can be off, but you'll always be in the game, and come out on top most of the time.

Aliir is the opposite of Robinson. Looks average in the Magoos* and like he belongs in the 1's. Must like the big stage - says alot.

* = from stream watching.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Vic journo's on afl.com.au at it already.....anything for a headline and the name Buddy/Lance guarantees it.

Is there a chance Lance did the Rance dance? - AFL.com.au
    Category: | Herald Sun

The comments section is ridiculous, with some claiming the Swans were gifted the match by generous umpiring! Did these idiots said the same about the Bulldogs when celebrating their fairytale 2016 flag? Also laughing at the comments Buddy is a protected species, when he's had the most frees paid against differential!

The way that we structured last night was to primarily dig in and fight the contest on our terms in our defensive half of the field

We did this very well in the first half and then counter punched with some direct fast breaks

AA played his role in this style of football very well

I think it is also fair to acknowledge a player of his style and height etc was in alignment with the game plan and field position that we launched from

We said �west coast bring the game to our trench, we will absorb ur attack and we will spread hard on the counter attack�

This did not allow west coast to have an open game for their small agile forwards nor did it allow one on one space for their tall forwards

For me I love watching AA play but I also acknowledge that we will apply different strategies against other teams such as locking it in offensively as west coast tried to do to us

This requires different HBF and Backline skill sets and might not always require a tall backline

Will be fascinating to observe the road ahead for our backline

We really missed macca I felt in the first qtr last night and struggled to be as clean with our exits on transition

But we adapted thankfully and I felt evolved last night as a footy team

Ollie Florent. All of a sudden a key member of our premiership asperations.

Allir, in everything, but I'm still not confident when he has the ball. He loves the dinky little kick that seems to float in the air forever.

Ronke, papley, Hayward. Best small forward group in the comp!

- - - Updated - - -

That was pretty close to our best 22 out there last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I love the way Florent, Ronke and Aliir have changed the look of the Swans. They have transformed us into one of the most exciting sides in the league. The New Swans have arrived.
    • Those lamenting the Tom Mitchell trade will have to have a rethink.
    • I thought Ronke was a good recruit and would be a senior player, but I didn't imagine he would be this good, and do it so quickly. He could be another Dayne Zorko. I look at the way he plays and I'm thinking Zorko. Exciting.
    • Aliir has only played 18 games. Another year and he could be a real force to be reckoned with. He adds new possibilities of how we can play our defence, particularly the way we rebound. It will be nice to see his confidence build in the coming weeks. I hope Longmire keeps him in the senior side.
    • McCartin is such a pleasant surprise. The youngest player in the AFL having a breakout game on the big stage. It bodes well for the future.

And it's so nice to see young old time favourites Lloyd and Hewett becoming 2 of the most important players at the club.

I didn't care much for the rumours about recruiting McGovern or Moore. When you see Aliir and McCartin play so well it's hard to see the need for recruiting another KPP and paying big bucks. Amartey will be a good player and I suspect Blakey will too.

The Swans' pressure was very good and matched a team that also brought a lot of pressure on the night. It shows that if the team plays a high pressure game, the skills can be off, but you'll always be in the game, and come out on top most of the time.
    Enjoyed these comments, and btw love bullet points , so much better than one huge para.

We were only going to win if quite a few youngsters took their game to another level rather than being awestruck and they did just that.

When Ronke decided to continue the charge and kick a goal Buddy, demanding the ball, was momentarily annoyed , then he just stood there and clapped along with us. Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    No.
    If you said it in the first place you won't see it so I won't bother.
    He is playing well but you tell me who comes out for mcviegh ?
    Like i said I reckon Melican and Reid come for Marsh and Mccartin

Rohans pressure keeps him him, can pinch hit ruck and play on attackung defender
    Ronke is ahead of Paps for me atm

Who else comes out ?

I'm praying that the Swans and WCE finish top two. It's a massive disadvantage having to play a Victorian team on the MCG.