Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 15 Richmond v Sydney Etihad 7.20 pm EST 28 June 2018 #SydneySwans #SwansTigers

#AFL Round 15 Richmond v Sydney Etihad 7.20 pm EST 28 June 2018 #SydneySwans #SwansTigers

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    My problem with Hanners is he is running at about half pace and struggles to kick more than thirty meters. If Horse can't see that then he has a problem.
    We�ve worked our way to near top of the ladder - but the run home is very tough. All bar 1 game against finals contenders - so top 4 looking dodgy. Buddy might miss a week or 2 & Jack, Rohan might see some time in the 2nds. Not the right time for a clean out.

Well, that was pretty crap.
    Who invited Rose?
    Hanners is a dead-set joke. During the fox telecast, at half time, they did a stat thing on his numbers. He is doing approximately a third of what he was doing three years ago.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

We didn�t win. That sucks. But it wasn�t a disaster.

We butchered the ball and didn�t give first option often enough, then ran out of legs in the end (probably out of despondency as much as anything else). We are good enough to beat Richmond - with less errors, we may have done that tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    10 goals 5 points to Richmond on turnovers .
    There's a quick and dirty summary of the game right there.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    My problem with Hanners is he is running at about half pace and struggles to kick more than thirty meters. If Horse can't see that then he has a problem.
    I agree with this. One or two games, okay, but Hanners has been playing like this all year. I don't care how many possessions he gets, in fact, the fewer the better, because bad things happens when he does get the ball.

He's too good a player to go on like this. He needs to get right whatever is wrong with him. I don't think he should play senior footy, or perhaps any footy, the rest of this year. To say he's in a bit of a slump, in so many words, is simply false an obvious for all to see. Let's try to get him ready to have a full and productive pre-season for 2019.

Fox and O'Riordan have been playing well in the reserves all year. Let's get them in to replace Hanners and Jack. Towers can come in for Rohan. We'll see how Foote and Dawson go over the comings weeks in the reserves.

We probably won't be good enough this year, but our younger players have been revelations, so there's still hope if we can move out some of the dead wood in team that played tonight. If it's not good enough, so be it. We'll just be in a better draft position to get Blakey and hopefully a few other good prospects.

Veterans List
    As good as Sinclair's been and I love him and he's absolutely doing the job, I still lament big Toby not being with us anymore. Callum (39ho, 10p, 5t) was shaded by Nanka tonight......The latter's stats, 41 hit outs, 18 possessions and a game high 10 tackles. He's consistent, week in, week out.....can't help thinking we lost a good one there but I can understand why we let him go. If we'd had a crystal ball......

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Pleased that someone else thinks that - I agree 100%.
    Completely agree also - he knew precisely what he was doing, but will plead it was accidental, and there probably won't be enough evidence for it to be anything but careless. Don't like that guy at all.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Who invited Rose?
    Hanners is a dead-set joke. During the fox telecast, at half time, they did a stat thing on his numbers. He is doing approximately a third of what he was doing three years ago.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Who invited Rose?
    good question who invited rose?great forward line franklin, franklin, franklin, why did he have to compete with 3 opponents? where were the rest?rose and rohan should be emergencies in the neafl next week. Sinclair did more chasing and tackling that half the team. grundy and alir were shown up for slowness. kennedy,franklin and parker shouldered all the load
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Tigers' ball skills were the big difference. Handballs, kicks usually found their mark much more often than ours. Thank goodness their goal kicking wasn't up to the same standard - although they weren't too bad there as well. Their pressure was relentless - like we used to be. Even our best kicks - Lloyd, McVeigh etc. - were pressured into horrid disposals.

It'd be nice to kick to someone else apart from Buddy now and then. It would be even nicer to MARK THE BLOODY BALL instead of looking like a bad case of dropsy.

I'm inclined to agree that Jack's time is up. Hannebery is not playing well at present and I agree with the idea of getting him into shape in the seconds. I'd keep Rohan until Reid returns, but perhaps he needs time in the 2s to get his mojo back.

The umpiring was hot and cold but not the reason for the loss. And I agree with those who mentioned Ray with approval. He is good at his job.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I�m not convinced that Hanners needs to go. He is improving week by week. He just needs to learn to kick it to his own players.
    There are others that worry me more namely:
    Rohan, who I have defended until now
    Jack, who�s biggest asset was speed and evasiveness no longer has it
    Aliir, I�ve been dying to see him in the side, now I can�t wait for Melican to come back.
    Rose, I agree it was a tough return to the team, but he�s not Papley.
    There is a list of players not getting a game: Towers, Newman, Dawson, COR etc. Time to give some of them a go.

Is it bad I want Horse to drop one of Rohan / KJ next week? Why did ROK and Teddy get dropped so unceremoniously when others seem untouchable?
    No, I want both dropped.....great post overall.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Sad - but true. I�m not quite ready to give up on Hannebery just yet, tho. I reckon he�ll be back (if he can ever get his battered body right).

As for Rose, if they rate him, he needs time to develop at senior level. Tough game to get a start, no point giving kids just one game if they�ve earned a spot.
    It's a pity but Jack looks gone. Hanners is slowly showing signs but disposal was poor. Rose is not up to it. Another poor effort from Rohan, but they will never drop him. Time for Dawson to come into the side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk