Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
The swans weakness is the "long tail" they have (in cricket terms). Our bottom 5 players (in the 22) are far weaker than anyone else in the top 8.
This is the challenge longmire must address before september. When you have players like Kirk, Rohan and Hannerbury in your tail. Players who should be in their prime and contributing, its a worry. I dont mind having Rose, McCartin, maybe Ronke as a small tail, but right now our tail is probably 6 or 7 players deep!
Kirkie? Thought he was mids coach? Has he made a comeback? I think you might mean Jack? It is not about the tail as you put it. The problem is thatg we have some experienced players who have stopped performing for one reason or another. Even though Rohan didn't get much ball he impacted games because of his pressure acts and goal kicking. Not now. Jack was a top quality mid, if not a bit wayward in delivery. Not now. Hannas was a star, he was a running machine, a ball magnet and accumulator, he is the bravest player in the AFL. But due to his body failing him. Not now. The bravery is still there but the body is not fit for it.

Gee I think even Hawks would take Ronke as a part of their tail, Richmond too. The kid is a gem. I think we bat quite strongly right down to the 22nd man. I think Cats have more of a problem than us. If they had as many injuries as we have had this season I'm sure they would have dropped even more games. In fact we have not dropped too many with 9 players out injured at one stage. That is almost half a side. We have a very strong list compared to most clubs.