Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 16 Sydney v Geelong, SCG, 05 July 2018 @SydneySwans #SwansCats

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Swan View Post
    Ludwig...is it that high? Well, maybe I stand corrected...I only go off what I have seen the last couple of games but maybe I am too harsh. It is 3 a.m. here....
    Too much Bourbon nightcap! :-)

Senior Player
    Joel Selwood - I am sorry - he is a bloody actor on the field. His first instinct every time is to duck or stage for a free when he is not clear. Reminds me of a certain Richmond player from the 70's that they changed a rule because of him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    That’s Rubbish.
    Agree Hotpotato. I reckon he is one of our better players. Has been good at spoiling and getting on his own. Kennedy and Parker do not play well in these conditions, Hayward gone missing, Florent fumbling, Hewett useless with ball in hand and Towers really struggling (to name but a few). Thank goodness for Grundy, Rampe, Cunningham and Lloyd. Centre clearances 1 to 7. Midfield getting thrashed.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    A few things

Last week we scored every 10 minutes, tonight we're even worse scoring once every 12 minutes!

Turnovers are killing us

Noted that Hannebery is not as fast as Dangerfield but Reg is about the same speed as Hawkins

15 points flatters us massively, should be 5-6-7 goals down based on play so far, need a huge lift
    It's been woeful. Ghow many fumbles and dropped marks? Jones has been the main culprit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any chance Kennedy repeats his 4th quarter performance at the Cattery?

That quarter was about as much fun, as being strapped to an uncomfortable stool, while some sick bastard plays the complete set of Roaming Brian.
    Though I suspect that we'll wake up in the second half. What is really needed, is to firstly get the clearances right, but more importantly, run a whole lot harder, just to lessen our chances of handballing to covered players and to increase our chances of hitting targets.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    .....and then there was Buddy......

.....but I was about to say, time for Hanners and Jack to go back to the two's.....KJ looks injured anyway, so that may make that decision easier. Time to get some 'go' into the side.
    I agree, let them build up some match fitness and confidence and bring them back then.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    That quarter was about as much fun, as being strapped to an uncomfortable stool, while some sick bastard plays the complete set of Roaming Brian.
    Though I suspect that we'll wake up in the second half. What is really needed, is to firstly get the clearances right, but more importantly, run a whole lot harder, just to lessen our chances of handballing to covered players and to increase our chances of hitting targets.
    Even worse, they are handballing to players in the midfield who are covered allowing for easy turnovers in the wrong place.

Agree 100% with this assessment!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Only 91% DE. Why can't he be perfect? Send him back to the 2s until he fixes up this part of his game.

Anyway, we're really not that good of a team and have no chance of a premiership, so I'm not too bothered about winning games. It's more of a development year and getting Blakey in the team. It's sad that so many of our younger players have spent so much time on the injury list.

I wouldn't play Hanners again this year. Just work on getting him right for next.

Time to get COR and Dawson in the side. We have a lot of work to do to become contenders again.
    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Sinclair has struggled the last two games. He was outpointed by Nankervis last week, who has the worst clearance stats by a first choice AFL ruckman and now struggling against Stanley who is hardly a star.

But in general too reactive, too fumbly, too static whereas the Cats are full of run and just a bit cleaner. Much to improve in the second half.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Agree Hotpotato. I reckon he is one of our better players. Has been good at spoiling and getting on his own. Kennedy and Parker do not play well in these conditions, Hayward gone missing, Florent fumbling, Hewett useless with ball in hand and Towers really struggling (to name but a few). Thank goodness for Grundy, Rampe, Cunningham and Lloyd. Centre clearances 1 to 7. Midfield getting thrashed.
    This
    The 4 you’ve listed and Allir are our only decent players tonight

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    I agree, let them build up some match fitness and confidence and bring them back then.
    Hannaberry looks like he has completely lost interest. Maybe he is already going elsewhere next year.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast