Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 18 Swans v Suns, SCG, 21 July 2018 @SydneySwans #SwansSuns

Amazing to see the contrasting posts from first quarter to the rest of the game. Swans just took the foot off the pedal and we just don't have the skill to wrestle it back

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    If you’re there boo them off the ground
    Disgraceful
    To say that is very un-Swans like. Shame on you

Every season lately we have a game like this. I could smell it coming. We will probably win the next 5 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Swan15 View Post
    What did longmire do at 1/2 or 3/4 time to change what clearly wasnt working.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Do you know the answer to that?
    It was evident what the players did to change. SFA!!!
    Some leadership and experience out there today wouldn't have gone astray.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Wow, so see you on here next year then?
    We are no chance to win a flag or do anything decent in finals. Is that not what they play for??? And yes, I have given up on this year.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Wow, how bad was that?

Turns out the Grundy omission was an awful call. Marsh is not an AFL defender.

So too the decision to play Cameron. He was poor.

I think our inexperience was exposed. We let our standards drop and then we didn't have players able to stand against the tide to bring it back. Season-worst games for Florent, Jones and Ronke. Selecting Newman is pointless.

Poor games by Smith and Franklin. Hewett needs to contribute more with the ball.

Outstanding game by Aliir. Kennedy did what he could.

Warming the Bench
    SICKENING
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    We are no chance to win a flag or do anything decent in finals. Is that not what they play for??? And yes, I have given up on this year.

It's a ridiculous statement.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    It's a ridiculous statement.
    Ridiculous? Please enlighten me on why???

We just got absolutely spanked by the worst team in the competition at the contest. The only midfielder who won the ball or made a tackle stick was Joey. The rest were kinda just standing there and doing nothing of consequence at all. We can talk about our defensive / offensive structure, coaching, Buddy, team selections - you name it. But at the end of the day, if we continue to get smashed at the contest, then the rest is completely irrelevant. So who can support JPK? In the past he would've had his mates Jack and Hanners but they both look gassed for 2018. Parker looks great up forward but pretty average at the contest. Heeney, Ollie, Hayward and Paps seem to run a bit hot and cold as midfielders. Maybe Dawson needs a go - I heard the commentators mention he laid 20 plus tackles in the Neafl today. But at the end of the day, our only genuine option for 2018 is for the players we have to step up.

Senior Player
    Doesn’t matter in the scheme of things, I guess. Swans aren’t flag contenders, merely making up the numbers. Here’s hoping they serve up a better performance next week. And please, put Grundy back in the team.

Regular in the Side
    he deserves it , his coaching is not getting any better. Players I think have stopped listening, and maybe his selection need exploring, While I agee Cameron deserved a go perhjaps Sinclair didn't like it, he was terrible, The back line was pathetic perhaps they didn't like reg not being there.