Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 18 Swans v Suns, SCG, 21 July 2018 @SydneySwans #SwansSuns

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Cameron can be considered for selection if buddy, Sinclair, or mccartin are unavailable. Like for like.
    That’s not the point. The point is that he was playing good NEAFL football consistently and had earned his spot (probably ages ago). He had to get a game some time. This would have seemed a good time, pre-game. Hindsight, after a loss, sure doesn’t look as good. But he had to debut some time. Bud & Sinkers won’t be around forever and while Cameron didn’t have a spectacular debut, but Buddy - by his standards - was quiet. Sinclair was pretty well beaten for hit outs (Darcy was 3rd best hit outs on the ground).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    We needed this to happen. Haven't been great all year. Good wake up call.

One of the worst games I've seen in the last 6 yrs or so
    To me that is the worst game by the Swans since 1994.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    obviously poor coaching horse is not listened too any more. This is the worse I have seen since under eade against the sts years ago. Eade lost his job supporters saw to that, and if horse doent inprov e this side he will too.
    Ha, I was at that game and you are correct - that was as bad as it gets. This wasn't quite that awful but it is right down there.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Where’s Liz, the voice of reason, when you need her.

I think it was Gold Coast who changed after quarter time and we couldn’t go with them. 11 goals to 2 in the last 3 quarters

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Ridiculous? Please enlighten me on why???

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    So you believe that modestly higher draft picks are better for this club than playing finals, whether we are contenders or not? Are you suggesting that it would be better for our younger players to miss out on the invaluable experience that comes with finals? This is before I even point out how ridiculous a statement it is from a fan perspective.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    I blame our bogey ground, the SCG.
    Might be something in that.

Because by round 6 last year people with your opinion were ready to lynch Longmire and burn their memberships. Anything can happen by seasons end. Not much support from a so called supporter

Troy, based on today's game, you're pretty close to the mark. However, as a true believer I still hold out hope. I understand that after watching today's debacle, most are unlikely to agree but if our midfield can start winning some good ball again, and have a bit more time and composure to lower the eyes and hit some leading targets in our forward line, you never know. Remember, GWS looked gone just a few weeks ago, as did the Weagles and now both sides look like potential GF sides now (I wont say flag winners as the Tigers look unstoppable).

Regular in the Side
    IMHO Grundy would have made almost zero difference as to me the problem yet again was getting the ball forward - once the suns worked us out. It was predictable in the end - sad really. Oh well, there's always next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

If our backline wasn't one of the best in the league, we wouldn't be in the top 8 this year. We might not even make finals now for all we know.

Our midfield is seriously struggling this year, it's basically Kennedy and to a lesser degree, Parker, shouldering the load. Heeney needs to take that next step in his game. Time to get Dawson back into seniors now perhaps? He won't fix our midfield problem, but at least give him some experience for the 2019 season.

The talented young defenders and forwards coming through in Aliir, Mills, Melican, Hayward, Ronke, Florent, McCartin etc. is exciting, but we might need to draft/trade for our midfield now. Kennedy hasn't got many seasons left in him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Wow, how bad was that?

Turns out the Grundy omission was an awful call. Marsh is not an AFL defender.

So too the decision to play Cameron. He was poor.

I think our inexperience was exposed. We let our standards drop and then we didn't have players able to stand against the tide to bring it back. Season-worst games for Florent, Jones and Ronke. Selecting Newman is pointless.

Poor games by Smith and Franklin. Hewett needs to contribute more with the ball.

Outstanding game by Aliir. Kennedy did what he could.
    I've been saying it all year Matt. Hewett is a good tagger but that is where it ends. Has no idea with footy in hand.

It is seriously weird how bad we’ve been at the SCG this season.