Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 18 Swans v Suns, SCG, 21 July 2018 @SydneySwans #SwansSuns

Just back from the game.

I have seen hundreds of Swans games over the years and I must admit today was the most disappointing, pathetic, dismal, shocking display I have ever seen.

There has to be players and coaches held to account for what happened today. After a very good start the wheels just fell off and there was no one to help get them back on. No coaching, no planB, no strategy and no effort.

Our game plan according to Horse is : as we have the best forward in the comp. play him around the centre, dont play him in the forward line so he can be one on one, if we get the ball just handball straight to the opposition, if we still have the ball after all of that, just bomb it forward where Buddy (if he has got there from the centre) will always have 2-3 players around him. If the ball goes into the opposition forwards just stand 4 mtrs behind all day and let them take easy marks. Its a very simple game plan for a very ordinary coach.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Can someone explain to me what happened in the last 3 quarters ... we were totally outplayed by an inferior set of players ... who simply understood what it means to be desperate whoever you are playing?
    For once....and it had to be against us. The Suns are certainly not famous for desperate footy.....and we obviously forgot that we are.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    For once....and it had to be against us. The Suns are certainly not famous for desperate footy.....and we obviously forgot that we are.
    I think teams sets themselves to play hard & desperate against us because that used to be our forte. Plus Dew is trying to get GCS to play the Swans brand.

Yep that was tough
    Two weeks
    Two completely opposite emotions experienced as fans

Wow weeeeee

Respond we must

Regular in the Side
    After qtr time it was a mix of drops in skill and intensity. Worsened by some poor decision making and leading. Don't call for the ball when you are being worn like a glove. Not enough awareness across the group as to what was needed - some kept trying the play on approach when it was clearly not working. Group think was off big time. Meh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Veterans List
    Dawson laid 23 tackles in the two's today........GET HIM IN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    So we wait until every tall on the list is out injured before we play him? Sorry, I have to disagree.
    Who are you disagreeing with?. No one said that.

Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Right, we’ll add him to the list of players we try to trade on at seasons end
    AHH, more likely he's carrying an injury.

In what world does Grundy need to come thru the 2s after being a late out for 1 week
    pathetic

It’s a worry when Steven May responded in an interview that “we felt we could get Sydney on the outside”

How will hannes and jack get back in when the current team is just hanging on against the teams that take us on via the outside flanks?

The rule changes certainly worked well for the teams that stacked the fast and lighter outside players in their ranks

Senior Player
    After today’s performance and looking at the draw (it’s really tough), it’s difficult to see us winning another match this year. Injuries, inexperience, lack of form and the inability to execute a game plan.

To be honest, we may win one more, but two more would shock me. The turnovers today were embarrassing for a senior club.

Warming the Bench
    It would be interesting to see who Stewie is catching up with after the game.

I would not be surprised if free agent Grundy wants a chat....and maybe brings along best man Nick Smith (also free agent).

If the rumours on Lloyd and McVeigh are true, we could have a very different backline next year.

Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    It would be interesting to see who Stewie is catching up with after the game.

I would not be surprised if free agent Grundy wants a chat....and maybe brings along best man Nick Smith (also free agent).

If the rumours on Lloyd and McVeigh are true, we could have a very different backline next year.

On the upside, today’s onfield “interviews” for Grundy, Smith & McVeigh probably didn’t go to well