Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 20 Swans v Pies

AJ confirmed as IN

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    AJ confirmed as IN
    Like x 10 million! We need some good news at the club, and this certainly fits the bill!

What a story of commitment, persistence and hard work. Irrespective of the broader results, what an effort just to get back to AFL level.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Fantastic. I think our current woes have helped him but you need a bit of luck in life. Good on him.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

AJ confirmed as IN
    Fantastic news. Hope a huge crowd gets there to give him a big cheer.

We need something to cheer about.

After what's happened this year, I understand where he's coming from.

Everyone (including me) called for Hanners, Jack, Rohan etc to be dropped. Then they all got went out of the team and we've lost 2 out of 3 games since. Our team v Essendon seemed to be full of inexperienced kids who aren't physically ready to play extended time at AFL level and don't yet know how to put together a 4 quarter performance or play the Swans "brand".

It's definitely a gamble. Longmire is between a rock and a hard place. Horse knows that the older players have delivered in the past, and must believe less than 100% they may offer more than some of the kids fully fit.

But its not exactly a vote of confidence in Robinson, Towers, Foote and those currently playing well in the NEAFL.
    Mark the problem is the Hannas has not offered more than the kids this year. Macca sure. But Hannas has been too restricted to offer anything much. Jack is finished I think. Sad but the game has caught up with him. He goes to ground when tackled and there is only one of two ways the decision is going to go, holding the ball or incorrect disposal.

To bring these three blokes in underdone is a huge risk and if it doesn't come off we are getting a huge hiding because Pies will have virtually three loose players for the whole match. By that I mean they won't be able to chase. Hannas can't anyway and if he hasn't trained and that means he can't train. I know the only way, other than an operation, Osteitis Pubis can be treated is with rest but generally after the rest period the player starts full training before being declared fit. Hannas has not done this and I doubt very much whether anything has changed from his previous efforts to play, which were disastrous. Macca is the closest to being able to have input but he hadn't entered full training as of last weekend. kizza is the closest as he has entered full training.

Great news for AJ. I doubted that it would ever happen. Looking forward to seeing him build up a bit of form over the next few weeks and hopefully being in our starting 22 next year.

Good decision selectors.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Mark the problem is the Hannas has not offered more than the kids this year. Macca sure. But Hannas has been too restricted to offer anything much. Jack is finished I think. Sad but the game has caught up with him. He goes to ground when tackled and there is only one of two ways the decision is going to go, holding the ball or incorrect disposal.

To bring these three blokes in underdone is a huge risk and if it doesn't come off we are getting a huge hiding because Pies will have virtually three loose players for the whole match. By that I mean they won't be able to chase. Hannas can't anyway and if he hasn't trained and that means he can't train. I know the only way, other than an operation, Osteitis Pubis can be treated is with rest but generally after the rest period the player starts full training before being declared fit. Hannas has not done this and I doubt very much whether anything has changed from his previous efforts to play, which were disastrous. Macca is the closest to being able to have input but he hadn't entered full training as of last weekend. kizza is the closest as he has entered full training.
    That's what I meant by between a rock and a hard place - kids too young, oldies no good. I can't imagine it's a good idea Hanners should play as you point out. Macca yes. Jack hmmmm he's been poor all year. I really think this is his last throw of the dice, including AJ. If we lose this, as I expect, I think they'll take a more long term approach.

Senior Player
    AJ confirmed as IN
    I wonder to what extent "everyone needs a psychological lift" plays a part in team selection. Or is it really just the best options for the circumstances, every week

Regardless, this is great and I'm sure there will be a huge cheer for his name on Saturday and another for his first touch.

Absolutely brilliant news!

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I wonder to what extent "everyone needs a psychological lift" plays a part in team selection. Or is it really just the best options for the circumstances, every week

Regardless, this is great and I'm sure there will be a huge cheer for his name on Saturday and another for his first touch.
    His last handful of games in the NEAFL have been pretty good - it was almost a case of if it was going to happen it would be soon, given he is in the best form he has been since the original injury, and we are getting towards bare bones across the list anyway with injuries etc. Still no doubt the physiological lift certainly probably had a role to do with making the call. Its now up to AJ to see if he can cement a place in the first 22 as we all hope he can.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I get the point about bringing in underperforming oldies but we arent winning
    Kids only hold out vets in a winning side
    Id back any vet atm over who we would have come out
    Desperate times desperate measures

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast