Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 20 Swans v Collingwood, SCG, Sat 4 Aug 7:25pm @SydneySwans #AFLSwansPies

That was an embarrassing win.

Would the Swans of of 2012, or even of 2016 taken their foot of the gas like that in the final quarter?

We fought so hard to get in front with biased umpiring and no momentum and all of a sudden just no longer turn up to play?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post

Would the Swans of of 2012, or even of 2016 taken their foot of the gas like that in the final quarter?

We fought so hard to get in front with biased umpiring and no momentum and all of a sudden just no longer turn up to play?
    šŸ“ here is something for you to flog I think itā€™s dead

Did the Swans of 2012 or even of 2016 have so many players who had played less than 40 games? Apart from the inexperience, did the Swans of 2012 or even 2016 have a players who hadnā€™t played in 6 years, or a player who had fractured a clavicle 4 weeks earlier, or a KP forward who has reportedly trained for 25 minutes over the first 20 rounds (though Iā€™m a bit dubious about that one)?
    Not a pretty win. But itā€™s a win, and the kind of win this might, just might, draw a line in the sand and turn a season around. I can only hope.
    Last edited by goswannies; 5th August 2018 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    šŸ“ here is something for you to flog I think itā€™s dead
    Nothing to do with Horse, all to do with attitude.

Watch the final quarter again, we just stopped playing for a good five minutes and let the opposition in. We did the exact same thing against the Suns

I get what you are saying longmile. Yes we are a shadow of our former selves and probably will still battle to make finals with that sort of form. But we still had a win against Collingwood and had to do it for AJ tonight! It certainly wasn't pretty and we were very lucky, but we got it done...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    What is wrong with Ronke? In the 3rd quarter he was taking tablets while he was being massaged. I didn't see him at all in the last quarter.

Just got home...the Swans looked very tired...the first half was very poor, but the third quarter was great...final quarter so so..I thought Collingwood were very unlucky. Their supporters turned up in droves and for the first time I saw security using 'the wand' mostly on Collingwood supporters.

Anyway, back to the game... Allir was great, McVeigh still good, Buddy- just being Buddy, was superb and AJ was great...good win, but I'm not convinced about us this year...early exit from the 8 I think... but for now, I'm just enjoying the moment..

Veterans List

I'm sure that will be well pointed out to them during the week.....but I think the last quarter fade has a lot to do with team confidence which has been down in recent weeks and was seriously tested but still they found a way to win. I think it's a massive positive to win a game like that and it can only help build team confidence.

I'm a glass half FULL kinda guy.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    What is wrong with Ronke? In the 3rd quarter he was taking tablets while he was being massaged. I didn't see him at all in the last quarter.
    Was definitely down on form

Him and Dawson are my favourite 2 youngsters. Heart says he's okay, brain says he'll miss a few

It was a heart warming win .

For a team so down on form and fitness, to get the job done for AJ Especially , heā€™ll never forget it.
    They kept the Pies goalless for how long ? It seemed like around 45 mins but that sure gave us the window to ice the game.
    The Pies would rebound eventually but it was a great result for the club.
    Thank goodness we have signed ALIIR ALIIR.
    Why would Lloyd want to go ?

Veterans List
    Longmire at post match press conference, "Buddy did about 5 minutes training this week."

Many good players tonight. Obviously, Buddy was superb. Seems that the eight day break worked wonders and he looked just so much fresher, than in previous weeks. I thought Parker and Hewett made a difference with their clearances and contested possessions: especially in the third quarter. Rampe and Aliir were excellent down back, even with the hindrance of some soft frees being paid against them. AJ was also handy in defence, as well. And I think that he showed that he'll be a contributor for the rest of the season, rather than just a one game sentimental pick. I also thought that Dawson showed some class and should only improve from here.

Ahh, so nice to come away with that one, and to keep our finals hopes alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Longmire at post match press conference, "Buddy did about 5 minutes training this week."
    Is that more or less than usual?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast