Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 20 Swans v Collingwood, SCG, Sat 4 Aug 7:25pm @SydneySwans #AFLSwansPies

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Longmire at post match press conference, "Buddy did about 5 minutes training this week."
    20% of his seasons training workload in one week!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Did the Swans of 2012 or even of 2016 have so many players who had played less than 40 games? Apart from the inexperience, did the Swans of 2012 or even 2016 have a players who hadn’t played in 6 years, or a player who had fractured a clavicle 4 weeks earlier, or a KP forward who has reportedly trained for 25 minutes over the first 20 rounds (though I’m a bit dubious about that one)?
    Not a pretty win. But it’s a win, and the kind of win this might, just might, draw a line in the sand and turn a season around. I can only hope.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    That was an embarrassing win.

Would the Swans of of 2012, or even of 2016 taken their foot of the gas like that in the final quarter?

We fought so hard to get in front with biased umpiring and no momentum and all of a sudden just no longer turn up to play?

Hi Longmile, up in the stands everybody was pretty much agreeing with you...but really, so many of our players just look really tired...they were out - muscled and out run and kicked short a lot..I think it's just that we have so many young players, who are exhausted, and many of our more experienced players are carrying injuries...either that or we have serious fitness problems...

Goes up to 11
    That was one of the best wins I've seen in many a year. So pleased we did it for AJ and so pleased we beat those scummy Pies. I thought the endeavour was there and it seemed to me that this season still means something to this mob.

We are still alive. That's all that matters at the moment.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    That was an embarrassing win.

Would the Swans of of 2012, or even of 2016 taken their foot of the gas like that in the final quarter?

We fought so hard to get in front with biased umpiring and no momentum and all of a sudden just no longer turn up to play?
    But that's exactly the point, we aren't the swans of 2012 or 2016. We are a completely different team and are very inexperienced. Our youngsters are struggling.

I know Collingwood were very undermanned but I would never call a win embarrassing.

I understand what I said was a bit controversial. But there was definitely a real and decided drop off in effort in the fourth quarter when the game still had 15 minutes of play left and was still definitely up for grabs. We needed to fight for a good 5 minutes+ longer and then milk time. Instead we rested on our laurels and let the Pies back into it.

I know we have a young team and its been an interesting last 3 yrs we're we've out performed mine and most people's expectations, but that drop in play seemed more like an attitude thing than anything else and didn't reflect well on us as a team and what we stand for

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Is that more or less than usual?
    He's really stepping it up!

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Also notable, was Kennedy being sling tackled into the ground without the ball, just before McCartin goaled.
    Just watched the replay. OMG. Tackled when he didnot have it and slinger to the ground and no free kick!, WTF?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the bigger picture i think missing the 8 would be a good thing. Our players need to rest and recover and since i don't think our best is near good enough we would simply be pretenders in the finals.

Also still think we need a major revamp of our tactics which cant happen till next year.

Well done to the boys and especially AJ for great perseverance and a pretty good return.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Just watched the replay. OMG. Tackled when he didnot have it and slinger to the ground and no free kick!, WTF?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes, my wondering WTF, meant that I didn't really enjoy the brilliant effort by McCartin.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    What is wrong with Ronke? In the 3rd quarter he was taking tablets while he was being massaged. I didn't see him at all in the last quarter.
    I read somewhere that it was concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    Hi Longmile, up in the stands everybody was pretty much agreeing with you...but really, so many of our players just look really tired...they were out - muscled and out run and kicked short a lot..I think it's just that we have so many young players, who are exhausted, and many of our more experienced players are carrying injuries...either that or we have serious fitness problems...
    I wonder if they have increased the training load and will start tapering. Would explain a lot.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast