Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 21 Swans v Melbourne, MCG, Sun 12 Aug 3:20pm @SydneySwans #AFLDeesSwans

Good 2nd quarter there, but aided by terrible kicking for goal from Melbourne. We are a chance if we can keep taking the game on like we did during that run of 6 goals in the middle of the quarter.

So sad about AJ though - that overshadows by far whatever result we get.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    I am devastated for AJ. I had an I don't care about the game anymore attitude after he went off. I'm glad I'm at the game and couldn't see his emotion on tv. It seemed to affect the swans too.

They have dug deep and now I want us to win it for him!! See what happens when we dispose of the ball cleanly?

I'm worried about only having 2 rotations. We need to build the lead because they will overrun us in the last quarter.

Go swans!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Nick Smith done for the day too
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Hamstring
    Bugger

What a rollercoaster this game is. AJ went off. Melbourne built a nice lead and looked full of running. I went the early crow and said we were gone only to realise that this club is built on bloods spirit. We may indeed eventually go down but even if they do, I'll be proud of their fight. Great to see the boys getting around Hanners too. He's not out the door just yet I reckon.

I thought that all our midfielders were good in that quarter, certainly seemed to be out muscling the Dees. Papley looks dangerous every time he gets the ball. Aliir was great in defence, with Newman also good back there. Cunningham was also one of our best.
    And a couple of negatives. After a free was paid against Rampe, it left a sour taste in my mouth, when Hamish McLachlan decided to talk up the meeting between Clarkson and Gil McLachlan. Talk about incestuous! And the booing of Buddy is really starting to piss me off.

Ok, I’ve been giving this some quick objective thought. This might be an unpopular suggestion but if it’s an ACL for AJ (which is looks like) in his “GOOD” knee, how about a LARS graft and another rookie contract.

Back in potentially 3 months - like David Rodan - so realistically in time for pre-season.
    If it goes well, he shouldn’t loose too much match fitness.

If AJ wants a final crack, a LARS graft could give him minimal time off (essentially 2-5 games, depending on finals). If he did get back, who would rather on out list ... AJ or Pink, Foote, maybe Marsh, possibly Rohan, possibly Jack and even Hanners. If AJ’s knee fails one last time, just a rookie spot wasted.

How bad was Hanners handball then. This is the best game he’s played this year but disposal is very poor.

Regular in the Side
    Oh Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Of course, a few more kicks like that, may make the booers seem a bit futile.

Senior Player
    C’mon Hanners, this is under 15’s stuff. Hit your target, just cost us a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    How bad was Hanners handball then
    Yep. He's been good today but that was one to forget especially when his handballing is normally elite.

Hanners cost us that last goal

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast