Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 21 Swans v Melbourne, MCG, Sun 12 Aug 3:20pm @SydneySwans #AFLDeesSwans

Veterans List
    Reflecting a bit now after the post siren euphoria and all that footage of AJ being consoled by his team mates, some who were visibly upset, almost got me a bit teary......it's just too cruel to be true.

Oh and Heeney's mark was a cracker! He's been threatening to do that since his first season.....

Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    Surely Heeney is a future captain for us? His coolness under pressure is unbelievable...
    His last quarter was enormous (let alone that grab!!!) How we need about 5 of him.... a couple for the forward line, a couple for midfield and one in the backline please.

A call out to George Hewett - I thought he was enormous for us today - a quality game from him.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    How's the cloning technology going?
    Well, I did think that there were two Chelsea's for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    A call out to George Hewett - I thought he was enormous for us today - a quality game from him.
    Hear, hear!!!! Also whilst sinkers was soundly beaten in the ruck, he never stopped trying.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Hannas had the Zac Jones role
    1 good thing, 3 bad, frees against the play and 4 direct turnovers for goals..... other than that pretty good
    He had some poor moments but I think you'd have to agree that 26 possessions is better than expected. I hope we keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Hannas had the Zac Jones role
    1 good thing, 3 bad, frees against the play and 4 direct turnovers for goals..... other than that pretty good
    Given the criticism he’s copped this year, that’s a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    He had some poor moments but I think you'd have to agree that 26 possessions is better than expected. I hope we keep him.
    He got around the ground much better today. But he seems to be lacking penetration with both his kicks and handballs. Several times he took the right option, only to find the kick dribble short or the handball fall short.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Reflecting a bit now after the post siren euphoria and all that footage of AJ being consoled by his team mates, some who were visibly upset, almost got me a bit teary......it's just too cruel to be true.

Oh and Heeney's mark was a cracker! He's been threatening to do that since his first season.....
    Mark of the year (so far) for mine. But maybe a bit biased.

Sensational Bloods team effort, all for one and one for all, one of the most fighting, against all odds efforts this season. I don't think we had a passenger all day, every player played their hearts out, and Heeney's last quarter was fantastic. This season still on for the Bloods. Bloody fantastic

How the hell do we even up the clearances against that beast Max Gawn. Some of his tapwork is sublime.

Thought Hanners played his best game by far this year. He seems to be moving a bit better, but some woeful disposals by hand and foot. He was pretty accurate when it counted in the last quarter though.

By the way, almost no one (no one at the Age and only 1 person at the Herald Sun) tipped us. We seem to play better as underdogs

I thought of the 2003 final as well. This would equal it, as a tremendous, gutsy effort by an injury depleted, and emotionally churned up team. Our team is extraordinary.
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I think of the 2003 final against Port, as one of my favourite games. Both for the unexpected flair of the first half and the guts of an injury depleted side, holding on in the second half. It was probably the game that announced the Swans as a new force. This game reminded me of that one.