Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: #AFLFinals 2ndEF Swans vs Giants, SCG, Sat 8 Sep 4:20pm @sydneyswans #AFLSwansGiants

If Toby Greene didn't play football he'd be in jail.

Dont want anything to do with the bloke

#AFLFinals 2ndEF Swans vs Giants, SCG, Sat 8 Sep 4:20pm @sydneyswans #AFLSwansGiants

MRO:

“Contact between the GWS Giants’ Toby Greene and the Sydney Swans’ Aliir Aliir from the second quarter was assessed. Greene jumps early in a marking contest and his right foot makes contact with Aliir’s bicep. It was ruled by the Match Review Office that under the current guidelines for a marking contest, the action was not reportable. No further action was taken.”

Note words ‘under current guidelines’ ...

“Contact between the GWS Giants’ Toby Greene and the Sydney Swans’ Nic Newman from the fourth quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. The ball is kicked into the Giants’ forward line by Callan Ward. Before the ball arrives, Greene extends his leg and pushes player Newman, before completing the mark. While a free kick should have been paid against Greene for the separate careless pushing action before the marking contest, it was ruled that the force used was below that required for a charge to be laid. No further action was taken.”

Ha! So it was just ‘careless’ was it??

“Toby Greene, GWS Giants, has been charged with third offence of misconduct for misconduct against Isaac Heeney, Sydney Swans, during the third quarter of the second elimination final between the Sydney Swans and the GWS Giants, played at the SCG on Saturday September 8, 2018. In summary, he can accept a $2500 sanction with an early plea.”

Well I suppose that’s something - though deliberately dropping your knee into someone’s head is a bit more than ‘misconduct’ I would have thought.

And Zac Jones was fined $2000 for a high bump on Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Didn’t a fair few think Buddy was a DH before he became a Swan?
    N.O. No.
    I always wished Buddy played for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    MRO:

“Contact between the GWS Giants’ Toby Greene and the Sydney Swans’ Aliir Aliir from the second quarter was assessed. Greene jumps early in a marking contest and his right foot makes contact with Aliir’s bicep. It was ruled by the Match Review Office that under the current guidelines for a marking contest, the action was not reportable. No further action was taken.”

“Contact between the GWS Giants’ Toby Greene and the Sydney Swans’ Nic Newman from the fourth quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. The ball is kicked into the Giants’ forward line by Callan Ward. Before the ball arrives, Greene extends his leg and pushes player Newman, before completing the mark. While a free kick should have been paid against Greene for the separate careless pushing action before the marking contest, it was ruled that the force used was below that required for a charge to be laid. No further action was taken.”

“Toby Greene, GWS Giants, has been charged with third offence of misconduct for misconduct against Isaac Heeney, Sydney Swans, during the third quarter of the second elimination final between the Sydney Swans and the GWS Giants, played at the SCG on Saturday September 8, 2018. In summary, he can accept a $2500 sanction with an early plea.”

Well I suppose that’s something - though deliberately dropping your knee into someone’s head is a bit more than ‘misconduct’ I would have thought.

D.I.C.K.H.E.A.D. of the highest order.
    Whoever wants this trash at our club is crazy.
    I like a bit of mongrel, but he's pushing the envelope.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    N.O. No.
    I always wished Buddy played for us.

- - - Updated - - -

D.I.C.K.H.E.A.D. of the highest order.
    Whoever wants this trash at our club is crazy.
    I like a bit of mongrel, but he's pushing the envelope.
    Pushing the envelope?! Pushing?! The little grub mailed the envelope half way around the world express post!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Pushing the envelope?! Pushing?! The little grub mailed the envelope half way around the world express post!
    ......and this photo says it all really......

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%...gal-MRO-v2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    ......and this photo says it all really......

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%...gal-MRO-v2.jpg
    It's just disgusting.
    The fact that we should have been awarded a free and didn't get it, is even more disgusting.
    This little bully grub needs a taste of his own medicine.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    It's just disgusting.
    The fact that we should have been awarded a free and didn't get it, is even more disgusting.
    This little bully grub needs a taste of his own medicine.
    At least opposition players know exactly how they can target Greene next season.....stops out!

Beside the little grub called Greene and his big boots, I just about fell off my chair last night when I read that Mr Davis was upset with Buddy because he pushed him 2 weeks ago in the Giants game and he crashed into beanstalk Lobb and received an injury.

Flaming hell - I have seen Mr Davis push, bump, slide punch and do anything to stop Buddy get the ball or mark. How many times has he gone up for a mark and used his body to tunnel out his legs and put him on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Flaming hell - I have seen Mr Davis push, bump, slide punch and do anything to stop Buddy get the ball or mark. How many times has he gone up for a mark and used his body to tunnel out his legs and put him on his back.
    I thought it was outrageous as well considering the 3 times he tackled franklin without the ball on the weekend

The difference between them and us, is that we don't need to be grubby to win.
    If you need to be grubby to win a game of footy, well, one day, that's just gunna come back and bite you on the butt.
    There's no room for it.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    MRO:

What I don't understand is, if this is a free kick, how come the umpires missed this on 4 occasions? Are they blind, corrupt or do they not know the rules? Staggering.

Greene is a grub of the lowest order.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    What I don't understand is, if this is a free kick, how come the umpires missed this on 4 occasions? Are they blind, corrupt or do they not know the rules? Staggering.
    Think there has been a "clarification" regarding "interpretation" of the rules after Greene's Kung Fu masterclass. And it won't be allowed in future. Shame this wasn't clarified earlier by the AFL