Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2019

Can’t help self saviour.... how is post life minus the exit of the saviour and coaching guru ? Tweets show good numbers but how is it there, better morale? after the best coach ever to never win a thing exited your club?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Any truth to the rumour Tim that you went for the Camden job, got all the inside info then knocked it back?
    Very good mail Saviour although not sure about the inside info stuff. Not sure what you can find out over a 1 hour coffee.

I was very impressed by Stu & Steve from Camden and their vision and values. I must admit I had my doubts when they entered the comp but they had a positive first year and I have no doubt they will get better over the next few years if these two stay heavily involved. They seem to have built a fortress at home and it was tough for teams to knock them off down there. Leysy and his team should be very pleased with what he achieved at Camden and he has left a strong legacy for them to build on. If it wasn't for my work, I would have no hesitation in wanting to coach them.

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    Can’t help self saviour.... how is post life minus the exit of the saviour and coaching guru ? Tweets show good numbers but how is it there, better morale? after the best coach ever to never win a thing exited your club?
    I know, I have a problem.

I only have been to 4 of them (being fat, old and retired) but seems to be great numbers and people getting around it. Addition of womens team seems to be a real positive.

I can confirm mac uni will be kicked out of the womens prems comp after the 2020 season, as will southern power

Quote Originally Posted by Mac warrior View Post
    I can confirm mac uni will be kicked out of the womens prems comp after the 2020 season, as will southern power
    The league has made some slight alterations to the "Future Directions" programme based on the US model.

L.A.'s Famous Four-Level Freeway Interchange, 'The Stack,' Turns 58 | KCET

So three of the four Women's Premier Div clubs that made finals in 2018 and have supported women's footy for years are now relegated at the expense of the entitled "Jenny come lately's". Newtown will also be gone next year

That's a real shame. Makes no sense but it's just more of the "we will tell the talent where to go thanks" from Sydney AFL, crushing volunteers and individuals in the process if necessary. The one size fits all strategies from Moore Park made mostly through Melbourne lenses continue to the region's enduring detriment.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    The league has made some slight alterations to the "Future Directions" programme based on the US model.

L.A.'s Famous Four-Level Freeway Interchange, 'The Stack,' Turns 58 | KCET

So three of the four Women's Premier Div clubs that made finals in 2018 and have supported women's footy for years are now relegated at the expense of the entitled "Jenny come lately's". Newtown will also be gone next year
    But maaate, it will probably tick a KPI box or two of several employed people looking for their next jobs south of the border so surely that's worth it??? After all they are the "industry" "professionals".

I'm trying to make sense of what has been posted over the last few weeks in this thread.
    The league appears to have mandated that all women's clubs must be affiliated to a men's club.
    Then, they have also mandated that the top tier women's comp is reserved for teams affiliated exclusively with men's premier division.

Is this correct?
    If so, wow. A number of clubs who have worked tirelessly to grow the women's game over a long time (particularly when it didn't have the momentum like it's had the last 2 years) are going to be disregarded completely. And another win for the top end of town.
    The assumption that the men's clubs and teams are more important or a higher priority is absurd. What has become of this league?

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    I'm trying to make sense of what has been posted over the last few weeks in this thread.
    The league appears to have mandated that all women's clubs must be affiliated to a men's club.
    Then, they have also mandated that the top tier women's comp is reserved for teams affiliated exclusively with men's premier division.

Is this correct?
    If so, wow. A number of clubs who have worked tirelessly to grow the women's game over a long time (particularly when it didn't have the momentum like it's had the last 2 years) are going to be disregarded completely. And another win for the top end of town.
    The assumption that the men's clubs and teams are more important or a higher priority is absurd. What has become of this league?
    Its a scandal actually isn't it? Its the same office based thinking that has always plagued this city mostly. Not sure any of what comes in has come organically from the footy community - I'm told its still like in my day - lots of box ticking consultation via email as the real facts are gathered from clubs individually and they are played off against one another and then the office folks decide based on their KPIs and what sounds good for the "market". As I've said on this forum before though, unless Club leaders band together sensibly on some things nothing will ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post

Is this correct?
    Yes, you’re correct. Mac Uni and Southern Power could both play off in a Grand Final next year, and both will be cut from Prems st the end of next year.

I wonder how some clubs will react (notably North ashore and St George) if their Premier Division womens teams are getting belted wrk in week out. Could be a possibility, given how new both their women’s teams are.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    T at the expense of the entitled "Jenny come lately's". Newtown will also be gone next year
    SHH _ My understanding is that a number of the Mens Prem Div clubs think the system is crazy also ie North Shore, St George and Penno. They are not out their advocating their case for change but being told what will happen to them. (other than East Coast).

Surely everyone thinks its crazy though.

I can see their point in forcing us to have a womens team (as they did this year) but how many will stick around if getting flogged in prems every week if thats the plan for 2020.

We only have 2 girls who have played afl before.

Pretty sure a few years ago tjere was some discussion on here how in Sydney footy if your team folds your more likely to quit then go elsewhere.

Surely power girls just decide to flog the lower leagues like their mens team did a few years ago. Do newtown and woollongong girls quit the game?

Mac uni is interesting because they are way too good to just go to lower grades and have 1 competitive game v power every round.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast