Page 6 of 90 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

Veterans List
    Jack looks a certainty to come back next week.

Regular in the Side
    NEAFL: Fresh and familiar combine for win - sydneyswans.com.au
    Goals – Sydney: D Cameron 2, T McCartin 2, S Wicks 2, J Dawson, R Fox, H McLean, J Pawle, J Rose
    Veteran on-baller Kieren Jack produced a second-consecutive stand-out performance in the Sydney Olympic Park clash, and the former co-captain pulled names like Darcy Cameron, Hayden McLean, Tom McCartin and James Rowbottom with him in the 11.13 (79) to 5.6 (36) win.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    NEAFL: Fresh and familiar combine for win - sydneyswans.com.au
    Goals – Sydney: D Cameron 2, T McCartin 2, S Wicks 2, J Dawson, R Fox, H McLean, J Pawle, J Rose
    Veteran on-baller Kieren Jack produced a second-consecutive stand-out performance in the Sydney Olympic Park clash, and the former co-captain pulled names like Darcy Cameron, Hayden McLean, Tom McCartin and James Rowbottom with him in the 11.13 (79) to 5.6 (36) win.
    Great to hear McCartin is fit and playing well. Optimistic about Rowbottom, too.

Ignoring our early season rubbish form in the Seniors for a second, some interesting discussions likely in the near future. If McCartin continues strongly for a week or two, he will be pushing to find a place in the seniors. Can see him replacing Blakey, but that will leave us very top heavy somewhat.

KJ surely will be back next week. Rowbottom sounds like he is doing well - would not surprise me to see him get a seniors game fairly early if his early season form continues, especially if our seniors continue to struggle so much in the guts. A lot to ask of a young man, but as others have suggested in other threads, we might need to throw a bit of caution to the wind a bit.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Ignoring our early season rubbish form in the Seniors for a second, some interesting discussions likely in the near future. If McCartin continues strongly for a week or two, he will be pushing to find a place in the seniors. Can see him replacing Blakey, but that will leave us very top heavy somewhat.

KJ surely will be back next week. Rowbottom sounds like he is doing well - would not surprise me to see him get a seniors game fairly early if his early season form continues, especially if our seniors continue to struggle so much in the guts. A lot to ask of a young man, but as others have suggested in other threads, we might need to throw a bit of caution to the wind a bit.
    A number of "young men" selected in the ND last year are burning for other teams right now. If Rowbottom is the best selection then select him.

KJ appears to be back in form but only played 70 NEAFL minutes, might need another hit out.

Couldn't resist the $3.75 on offer about Carlton next week, on exposed form that is way over the odds.

Senior Player
    I see on the other Board that the NEAFL will be streaming every match this year
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    We are going to need it given none will be curtain raisers at the scg

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    We are going to need it given none will be curtain raisers at the scg
    That is a downer. How can it be so hard?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    That is a downer. How can it be so hard?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    It's about ground preservation, given the much higher traffic the SCG will suffer this year from the multiple sports it will host. Expect the "no NEAFL curtain raiser" to persist for as long as it takes them to rebuild next door (scheduled to be three years, I think, or three winter seasons anyway). I do think the club is hoping that the redeveloped Lake Side Oval will be able to host some NEAFL games, and presumably it would make sense to schedule some of these shortly before a senior game gets underway at the SCG so crowds can come early to watch the young lads run around.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It's about ground preservation, given the much higher traffic the SCG will suffer this year from the multiple sports it will host. Expect the "no NEAFL curtain raiser" to persist for as long as it takes them to rebuild next door (scheduled to be three years, I think, or three winter seasons anyway). I do think the club is hoping that the redeveloped Lake Side Oval will be able to host some NEAFL games, and presumably it would make sense to schedule some of these shortly before a senior game gets underway at the SCG so crowds can come early to watch the young lads run around.
    Thanks Liz, I suspected that might be the case after I posted so thanks for confirming. Streaming of all games is a pretty good consolation prize though. I love watching the kids coming through.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    McCartin and Blakey are reasonably like for like.

Blakey is a bit more mobile, but the additional areal support that Tom provides outweighs that IMO

It will be good to finally see Reid, Tom and Bud in the one forward line

Goes up to 11
    I checked the NEAFL draw this morning and we have lots of games at 'TBC'. Does anyone know what the surface is like there? The facilities? How best to get there? And will it be easy for us to get from TBC to the SCG on matchdays when they're both playing?

Page 6 of 90 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast