Page 70 of 147 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Outstanding 3 part story on recently departed Swans legend Dennis Carroll on club's website. Very interesting and really well written.
    As Welfare and Player Development Manager, ensuring that each newcomer was given the very best of support and guidance off the field so that they could maximise their on-field performance, you'd have to say he's done a wonderful job. Just a pity his last season in that role had to include Elijah Taylor.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    I know some people don't like football mixed with politics, but this tweet from Brandon Jack made me laugh.

One day I got stuck on Nat Fyfe in a NAB cup game at Drummoyne oval and I knew straight away I wasn’t up to the job, so I called out to someone (maybe Reggie?) for a switch.
    So, yeah... I don’t know, maybe Michael McCormack will read this and he’ll understand. Or call Reg. Idk.
    https://twitter.com/brandonjack33/st...45665427083267

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I know some people don't like football mixed with politics, but this tweet from Brandon Jack made me laugh.

https://twitter.com/brandonjack33/st...45665427083267
    And further in that thread, was a tweet from another former player, Tony Armstrong. He seems to be doing well for himself, as he's now hosting Offsiders on the ABC.

And if we can include academy players as past players, Michael Dickson played for Seattle in the NFL wildcard round. He was possibly Seattle's best player? But of course, if a punter is one of your best, that is a comment on how poorly the offense played.

Senior Player
    Missed that game but I note there was a fair bit of punting going on. Seems Russell Wilson didn't get much of a look in.
    I'm a Browns tragic. In a good place at the moment.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Missed that game but I note there was a fair bit of punting going on. Seems Russell Wilson didn't get much of a look in.
    I'm a Browns tragic. In a good place at the moment.
    I suspect that you were both euphoric and in a state of disbelief, during the first quarter. Something that many long time Swans fans can relate to.
    I'm a cautiously optimistic Saints fan.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And further in that thread, was a tweet from another former player, Tony Armstrong. He seems to be doing well for himself, as he's now hosting Offsiders on the ABC.

And if we can include academy players as past players, Michael Dickson played for Seattle in the NFL wildcard round. He was possibly Seattle's best player? But of course, if a punter is one of your best, that is a comment on how poorly the offense played.
    Tony hosts the new footy program on NITV.
    He's a tops bloke. Miss him and Lewie Jetta. Together they were trouble!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I suspect that you were both euphoric and in a state of disbelief, during the first quarter. Something that many long time Swans fans can relate to.
    I'm a cautiously optimistic Saints fan.
    Yet with the disservice of history on my side stretching back to 1995 at no stage did I recline into my couch thinking 'We've got this.'

Very similar to the Swans' drought, hopefully the Browns can follow a similar trajectory from here. And yes, that first quarter was pure magic, and how fitting that the Steelers were the opponent.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Tony hosts the new footy program on NITV.
    He's a tops bloke. Miss him and Lewie Jetta. Together they were trouble!!
    I must check it out.

Yet with the disservice of history on my side stretching back to 1995 at no stage did I recline into my couch thinking 'We've got this.'

Very similar to the Swans' drought, hopefully the Browns can follow a similar trajectory from here. And yes, that first quarter was pure magic, and how fitting that the Steelers were the opponent.
    Yes, when they went 28-0 up, commentator Chris Collinsworth made me chuckle, when he said something like, "And the funny thing is, I guarantee that no Browns fan will be thinking that it's all over".

Senior Player
    And he was right! It's all gone pear shaped so many times before. Too many to count. It ended up being the highlight so far of my 26 year allegiance.
    Good luck with your Saints btw.

Yokaii Footy is the show being referred to here I think. Big fan of Tony Armstrong. A natural presenter, very charismatic. I seem to recall he was known for his non-mainstream taste in music when a Swan.

Big fan of Tony Armstrong. A natural presenter, very charismatic.
    +1

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Yokaii Footy is the show being referred to here I think. Big fan of Tony Armstrong. A natural presenter, very charismatic. I seem to recall he was known for his non-mainstream taste in music when a Swan.
    "Yokayi" rather than Yokaii, it was mentioned in this thread back in July.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.