Page 103 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,225 to 1,236 of 1757

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    A bit harsh. There is no doubt that Barry is a complicated man but so is Will Smith.

Barry has risen his profile recently and commercial networks do have strong numbers. I only expressed my opinion that (March 2022) he is the highest profile ex Swan. Armstrong’s TV career is going from strength to strength and he may be the highest profile ex Swan by June 2022.

Barry should be more celebrated for his roll in delivering 2005. I’m a bad footballer, but if you asked me what footballer you would most like to play alongside, I would say Barry Hall.
    I think Barry would have given Chris Rock more than a slap in the same circumstances!

Barry was a match winner and one of the competition's best players during that period of the mid-2000s. He will always have a place in my heart for that reason. However, I agree that Goodes is currently our highest profile ex-player. He even makes an appearance in the just released Qantas "Still call Australia home" video. I think this reflects his standing. Of course, we also have ex-players that are prominent in the media including Healy and Jude.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I think Barry would have given Chris Rock more than a slap in the same circumstances!

Barry was a match winner and one of the competition's best players during that period of the mid-2000s. He will always have a place in my heart for that reason. However, I agree that Goodes is currently our highest profile ex-player. He even makes an appearance in the just released Qantas "Still call Australia home" video. I think this reflects his standing. Of course, we also have ex-players that are prominent in the media including Healy and Jude.
    And therein lies the problem with elevating Barry as an icon and accepting the behaviour of Will Smith.
    If resorting to violence over a somewhat innocuous remark is accepted condoned and applauded then we as a society are in strife.
    And FWIW I was probably a worse footballer than BS ( given I took up the game at 42 ) but Barry would be way down the list of people I would like to play beside.
    Lance or Adam would be well ahead in my dreams 😀

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Hmm, after all these years posting, I've just discovered a new word that the swear filter gets. Starts with a 'c', ends with 'ck'. How quaint.
    I'll test that.....Graham Johncock.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I'll test that.....Graham Johncock.
    Hmm, I'll have to do another test. A male bird is a @@@@.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. I probably shouldn't test anything that rhymes with pucker.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Hmm, I'll have to do another test. A male bird is a @@@@.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. I probably shouldn't test anything that rhymes with pucker.

Senior Player
    Quite believable, until you read a few paragraphs and remember what the date is today

Cameron Confirms Mumford Return Again

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Someone in Giants marketing as most enjoyable sense of humour, nice effort to follow on from this click here
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

On the veteran's list
    At least Dawson isn’t having an impact at Adelaide!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    At least Dawson isn’t having an impact at Adelaide!!!!!
    Agree

Probably won't do much..

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Agree

Probably won't do much..
    Its still early days for him. They are just a team and very lucky to win. Judas Dawson's kick was going wide but very fortunately for him came back. Still plenty of misery ahead for him I suspect.

Had radio on in the background to the Adelaide v Richmond game yesterday whilst doing mundane house chores. My ears pricked when I heard the SA commentator excitedly ask his colleague if he knew Jordon Dawson was this good! Admitting not knowing how he played at Sydney having not watched many of our games! Seesh!!!!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Had radio on in the background to the Adelaide v Richmond game yesterday whilst doing mundane house chores. My ears pricked when I heard the SA commentator excitedly ask his colleague if he knew Jordon Dawson was this good! Admitting not knowing how he played at Sydney having not watched many of our games! Seesh!!!!
    I lived in SA for a few years and it would have to be even more insular and parochial than Victoria.
    The only time you heard or read about ( this was when newspapers were still a thing 😀) a player outside of the two SA teams was when a SA player was due to play in Adelaide. This usually highlighted how they developed their skills in SA and invariably contained reference to them potentially “ returning home “ and conjecture as to whether they would go to the Crows or Port.
    It was amusing that they never actually considered that for some players living elsewhere in Australia and being able to get out of the Adelaide fishbowl was quite an attractive proposition.
    I assume it’s the same in the republic of Western Australia