Page 111 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,332 of 1793

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    My late father was a great fan of Paul kelly from very early on, he nicknamd him "Kelly the Kelpie" because of his chasing.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    And to honour the 53rd birthday of my fave Swan, here you go. Just ridiculous

Fantastic Five: Best of Paul Kelly
    A little before my time as a supporter, but I can see why he is so admired. Just seems to run straight through opponents!

Senior Player
    There is some great footage of his specialty of running into a pack at full speed and coming out the other side with the ball
    and five guys lying on the ground where the pack was. I saw him do it many times. I used to think he probably gave away
    about eight free kicks in the one second it took him to get ball but it all happened so fast he rarely got caught. Besides, he
    was our captain so all good. He was a brilliant one grab mark too, and didn't give a rats who else was going for it. Toby
    Greene's (also not a tall guy) marking reminds me a bit of Kelly's marking. If you were close enough you would hear this
    loud "smack" sound as the ball hit his hands and didn't move a millimetre. It was pretty cool.
    Last edited by KTigers; 29th July 2022 at 02:49 PM.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    And to honour the 53rd birthday of my fave Swan, here you go. Just ridiculous

Fantastic Five: Best of Paul Kelly
    I thought they might have included that mark he took against Freo (?) when he wasn't named to play because of an injured knee. From memory the Swans happily paid the fine.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I thought they might have included that mark he took against Freo (?) when he wasn't named to play because of an injured knee. From memory the Swans happily paid the fine.
    But the good news is, you can find it in here. He was just a complete footballer.

SwansTV: Skilts and Kel: true Swans legends
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

But the good news is, you can find it in here. He was just a complete footballer.

SwansTV: Skilts and Kel: true Swans legends
    In the best 3 i have see play for the Swans in my 50 years of following them

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    In the best 3 i have see play for the Swans in my 50 years of following them
    I didn’t see Bobby play but would your top three be him Paul and Adam ?

Senior Player
    For me the best three since I started going to games in the mid 80s are Lockett, then Goodesy then Kelly. Pluggers
    first two years for us was a riot. He kicked 231 goals in 41 games.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I guess there’s a difference between greatest and favourite.

Plugger was in a league of his own as the greatest I’ve seen (never saw Skilton). Bud, Goodes and Kel in next category, with JPK a fraction back.

But a favourite for everything he means to this club and the way he played, is Kel.

I guess there’s a difference between greatest and favourite.

Plugger was in a league of his own as the greatest I’ve seen (never saw Skilton). Bud, Goodes and Kel in next category, with JPK a fraction back.

But a favourite for everything he means to this club and the way he played, is Kel.
    We have been especially spoilt with great players in the 21st century so far. In addition to Goodes, we have had Buddy and Hall. Both of these were absolute match-winners at their best. Another worthy of mention was Mickey O whose sheer brilliance around the goals was a delite to watch. It will be interesting to see which of the current crop emerge into this elite company. Heeney? Chad? Mills? Lizard? Errol?

Veteran Site Admin
    Papley!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Papley!
    He’s so much fun to watch isn’t he. Here you go: basically a bunch of stats and what we can all see anyway, but one consistent through his career is he’s always been truly elite for score involvements, but more than that: when he’s up and about, so are we.

The game changer: Sydney Swans make Tom Papley move of the year by stealth