Page 54 of 147 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Had to laugh when I heard on SEN that a couple of St Kilda players were doing positive things during the lock down by ringing members and thanking them for support.

The two payers? Dan Hannebery and Zac Jones. Ah, you have to envy that saint culture.
    Tim Membrey was unavailable?

The Saints seem to have done well out of us over the past 15 years. Schneider, Dempster, Membrey, Hanners and Jones. No duds amongst any of those. I think that Jones is set for a big year once the competition resumes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    The Saints seem to have done well out of us over the past 15 years. Schneider, Dempster, Membrey, Hanners and Jones. No duds amongst any of those. I think that Jones is set for a big year once the competition resumes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Schneider never reached a high standard with the Saints. Jones has serious limitations as a player in terms of decision-making and kicking efficiency. Hanners will never return to anything like his best. Only Membrey and Dempster improved after they left us.

What've we got back going the other way? Only Spida in that time period jumps to mind. But before that, Lockett. Probably there are others that people with longer memories will recall?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    What've we got back going the other way? Only Spida in that time period jumps to mind. But before that, Lockett. Probably there are others that people with longer memories will recall?
    Barry Hall.

(And before him - and before Plugger- at least one of the Troys. Troy Gray I think.)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Barry Hall.

(And before him - and before Plugger- at least one of the Troys. Troy Gray I think.)
    Massive move getting Hall. Despite his issues at the end, one of the best ever red and white players.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    In the Lockett era, COB came to us, Gray (thanks Liz) and poor Robbie Neill went to the Saints.
    And before that Cazaly

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    In the Lockett era, COB came to us, Gray (thanks Liz) and poor Robbie Neill went to the Saints.
    And before that Cazaly
    Jason Daniels and later Tommy Walsh?

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    And before that Cazaly
    I think Troy Gray was the other way round? Started with us, went to the Saints? He was a bit of a tease. Occasionally showed glimpses of something really good but never really produced.

Glad someone else mentioned Jayson "Jack" Daniels - a solid soldier who gave his all. But having him and Andrew Dunkley in the same backline was heart-in-mouth stuff.

Of course, there was the most important of all in some ways - Silvio Foschini. Basically responsible for destroying the VFL's zoning system as a result of his desire to leave the Swans and go to the Saints.
    Last edited by Velour&Ruffles; 20th April 2020 at 09:18 PM.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I think Troy Gray was the other way round? Started with us, went to the Saints? He was a bit of a tease. Occasionally showed glimpses of something really good but never really produced.
    I'd thought he'd done a Mark Orchard - ie started with the Saints (Collingwood), moved to us, and then moved back. But I've just looked him up and found no mention of him originally being with St Kilda. Maybe it was Jayson Daniels I was thinking of.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'd thought he'd done a Mark Orchard - ie started with the Saints (Collingwood), moved to us, and then moved back. But I've just looked him up and found no mention of him originally being with St Kilda. Maybe it was Jayson Daniels I was thinking of.
    You are right - it was Jayson Daniels. He did go back to the Saints after his stint with us. I'd forgotten that.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post

Glad someone else mentioned Jayson "Jack" Daniels - a solid soldier who gave his all. But having him and Andrew Dunkley in the same backline was heart-in-mouth stuff.

Of course, there was the most important of all in some ways - Silvio Foschini. Basically responsible for destroying the VFL's zoning system as a result of his desire to leave the Swans and go to the Saints.
    Don’t forget Paul Morwood (a reverse Daniels) - & Foschini really only wanted out because he didn’t want to go to Sydney.

David Windbanks, Peter Melesso, David Strooper, Robbie Neill, Fred Campbell and Trent Dennis-Lane all headed to the Saints from Sydney

We did get John Favier and Aldo Dipetta though

- - - Updated - - -

We got Spider from Hawthorn