Page 133 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,585 to 1,596 of 1795

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

There seems to be a lot of "swapsies" with the Swans and GWS coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, but it's not quite equal. What I mean is that more of the coaches going from us to them are getting promoted, not so much the other way around. Jeremy Laidler was promoted from VFL coach to senior line coach when he went to GWS, whereas Truslove and Buchanan have kept similar roles despite already being experienced. Likewise I don't think you could call Leon Cameron and Mark McVeigh's roles with our Academy as promotions.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Probably easy(ier) as you don't have to move home
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Probably easy(ier) as you don't have to move home
    I have no doubt that is part of the reason. These are people who are already adjusted to the cost of living, specifically the cost of accommodation (ownership or rental) in Sydney.

Longmire has spoken about the difficulty of recruiting coaching staff from interstate given the higher costs they would face living in Sydney.

And by the way, probably not the thread but just read the Crows have made Jordan Dawson their captain...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    And by the way, probably not the thread but just read the Crows have made Jordan Dawson their captain...
    Good player no doubt but a bit premature if you ask me. Shows the dearth of leadership at the Crows I guess.....and looking back I can't ever recall thinking 'future leader' when he played for us. Too shy.....or was that just writing on the wall about how he felt about our club?

His form this year will tell us how comfortable he is in the roll.

Post edit: Just saw the article and this really says it all (he was just never honest with our club): "I could not be more excited to captain the club I barracked for growing up as a kid," Dawson said.

He can go and **** himself.

I hope we smash them....and him. We were too kind to him when we played them last year. Time for some retribution.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 11th February 2023 at 11:35 AM.

Veterans List
    Jordan Dawson (known as Judas Dawson by some) just been appointed new Adelaide Cows captain. Rory Sloane, 33yo and coming off an ACL has wisely stepped aside. Dawson was always the right choice for their captaincy, has that "follow me lads" style of play. A big loss for us :-(

There's been a funny captaincy thread on Cows BF for some time, only 3% of voters there wanted Sloane to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Good player no doubt but a bit premature if you ask me. Shows the dearth of leadership at the Crows I guess.....and looking back I can't ever recall thinking 'future leader' when he played for us. Too shy.....or was that just writing on the wall about how he felt about our club?

His form this year will tell us how comfortable he is in the roll.

Post edit: Just saw the article and this really says it all (he was just never honest with our club): "I could not be more excited to captain the club I barracked for growing up as a kid," Dawson said.

He can go and **** himself.

I hope we smash them....and him. We were too kind to him when we played them last year. Time for some retribution.
    Spot on Stevo I'm with you!
    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by liz; 11th February 2023 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Please don't evade the swear filter. It's there for a reason.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Agree with others re what it reveals about the state of the Crows.

Remember, this is a bloke who connived with his manager during that trade period to leak a call from Horse checking both on there was any hope of a return but also his personal welfare given the late change of heart, to the Adelaide press and spun it up as wanting to see the Swans treated fairly to make himself look good.

It’s the reason, more than the trade, he’s persona non grata at the Swans these days. Those in management and the team around Horse were seething.

I’ve got no big beef with the Crows historically, and love Nicksy as a great soldier of this club, but our former 34 is a dirty, moral vacuum.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Seething?
    I appreciaate the strength of your emotions on the subject, but I'm thinking Horse and senior managment are somewhat more professional.

And as for retribution, I'm sure the club will utilise their knowledge of Dawson to reduce his affectiveness.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Seething?
    I appreciaate the strength of your emotions on the subject, but I'm thinking Horse and senior managment are somewhat more professional.

And as for retribution, I'm sure the club will utilise their knowledge of Dawson to reduce his affectiveness.
    I made a distinction between the request to go home, and the leaking of the call.

The first, they were disappointed about, annoyed that he narrowed down to one club after promising to be open to either of the SA clubs, frustrated by the way he did some things, but ultimately - they understand these things happen.

It was the leaking of a private call with the coach and it being spun to make himself look good that left them seething.

And I’m 100% confident in my knowledge of this one.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Seething?

Not sure 'seething' equates to 'unprofessional'....it was worth getting very angry about. Their response to move on would have been professional no doubt but I don't blame them if they were very pissed off. They had every right to be.