Page 129 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,537 to 1,548 of 1765

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Adelaide Channel 7 news apparently running with a story Jordan Dawson to take over captaincy from Rory Sloane, who is coming back from an ACL
    Well that's something we could never have offered him, so probably a good move on his part.

James Bell has gone to Glenelg where if he has the passion he will become a very dominant mid

Veterans List
    Adelaide Channel 7 news apparently running with a story Jordan Dawson to take over captaincy from Rory Sloane, who is coming back from an ACL
    Really? They must have a serious dearth of experienced leadership at their club.

Veterans List
    Cows have the second youngest list, mature players are not that good. Current captain Sloane coming off a poor season in 2021 then an ACL early 2022, Tex Walker still very good but had a leadership ending six match racial vilification suspension in 2021, Wayne Milera and Brodie Smith are other mature players but just not that good on field to be leaders, Tom Doedee was heir apparent but is battling injuries and indifferent form.

Dawson the only senior player of high playing standard that kids can look up to. Dawson added to the leadership group mid season this year.

Veteran Site Admin
    Cows have the second youngest list, mature players are not that good. Current captain Sloane coming off a poor season in 2021 then an ACL early 2022, Tex Walker still very good but had a leadership ending six match racial vilification suspension in 2021, Wayne Milera and Brodie Smith are other mature players but just not that good on field to be leaders, Tom Doedee was heir apparent but is battling injuries and indifferent form.

Dawson the only senior player of high playing standard that kids can look up to. Dawson added to the leadership group mid season this year.
    While all that is true, his elevation to captain (if it happens) highlights the stark contrasts in the playing groups. Had he stayed in Sydney, I have little doubt Dawson would have become an increasingly respected player and one integral to the team's success. But I can't see him getting into the leadership group, let alone higher office. At least not in the next few years.

Not only do we have three captains, each of whom gives off an aura of capable of captaining on their own, were that the Swans' model, we have a handful pushing up from below who seem to have "future captain" oozing from their pores.

A handful?

Gulden ✔
    T. McCartin ✔
    Rowbottom ✔
    Warner ❓
    Florent ❓

You might be on to something.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    A handful?

Gulden ✔
    T. McCartin ✔
    Rowbottom ✔
    Warner ❓
    Florent ❓

Take Gulden as being as inevitable as Mills was. Just born to it.

If The Bloods was still here, he’d flip at the mention of Rowie but it’s a good call. I’ll be interested to see if Chad wants it, or if he’s like Heeney, who apparently wasn’t that fussed by it and has a bit more of a happy-go-lucky personality. The other one rated internally is McInerney, but his priority for this season is obviously getting his body right and full form back.

As for the Crows, if that is happening, it just shows how far off it they still are.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Take Gulden as being as inevitable as Mills was. Just born to it.

If The Bloods was still here, he’d flip at the mention of Rowie but it’s a good call. I’ll be interested to see if Chad wants it, or if he’s like Heeney, who apparently wasn’t that fussed by it and has a bit more of a happy-go-lucky personality. The other one rated internally is McInerney, but his priority for this season is obviously getting his body right and full form back.

As for the Crows, if that is happening, it just shows how far off it they still are.
    Why, where’s TB? On holidays?
    As for Dawso being captain, just because he is a good player doesn’t make him a leader in my book. Hope the Crows remain cellar dwellers for a long time!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Apparently TB's "interest" in a certain player got the better of him and he was "encouraged" to migrate over to bigfooty.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    A handful?

Gulden ✔
    T. McCartin ✔
    Rowbottom ✔
    Warner ❓
    Florent ❓

Would Blakey be another one? I've no real idea of his personality, but since he's the son of a coach, there's a chance that things like tactics and leadership were part of his upbringing.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Would Blakey be another one? I've no real idea of his personality, but since he's the son of a coach, there's a chance that things like tactics and leadership were part of his upbringing.
    Can a Lizard be a leader?

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I’ll be interested to see if Chad wants it, or if he’s like Heeney, who apparently wasn’t that fussed by it and has a bit more of a happy-go-lucky personality.
    The reason I nominated Warner is because, according to a story narrated in one of the Conversations with Cal podcasts, in his very first pre-season, before he'd ever played a game, Chad Warner declared he would be a future captain of the club. Since then he has walked the walk - so I don't discount it. Otherwise I wouldn't necessarily be picking him. It's a great story and deserves remembering if ever he does become captain. I'll be remembering it.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)