Page 102 of 521 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,213 to 1,224 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    [/B]

I agree with the last sentence. To my mind, that's been the Swans way. Outside of key forwards. We have a pretty long track record of trading for "stars" even if it doesn't always go according to plan (Tippo). We will have to think soon enough about a replacement for Buddy. I don't think any one on our books has the makings of the number 1 forward.

I had another thought re: Gold Coast. There's been all this talk of Burgoyne being Gold Coast's "Hodge". But Hodge went to the Lions because of his connection to Chris Fagan. So logically it should be a Swans player who becomes the equivalent at GCS. Then I started thinking, which current Swan would be the Hodge of Gold Coast, and only one name came to mind. MACCA!

Well I also wondered about Joey Kennedy!
    I see Blakey as being very capable of being a Buddy replacement. The problem is that I also see Blakey as being great at FB, CHB, wing, midfield, etc, etc. Where do you play him? He can play anywhere.

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=S.S. Bleeder;781670]There's been talk all season about The Crows offloading one of the Crouch's. As usual, they'll probably want to head home to Victoria and someone like Hawthorn will reap the benefits as usual.

It seems that the only very good players that we can attract are;
    * Players we offer overs to (Buddy and Tippett - isn't going to happen),
    * Players getting away from the limelight (Buddy and Plugger), or
    * Players wanting to come home (Davis - extremely rare).
    There are very few players that fit this bill.

We are going to have to pick the eyes out of who is available and pick a player that isn't getting the opportunities at his current club.[/QUOTE

In 2008, 2009 and 2010, we picked up Mattner, Shaw, Kennedy, Mcglynn and Mumford. We need to replicate this to a degree I reckon. Not sure if it can be done anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I see Blakey as being very capable of being a Buddy replacement. The problem is that I also see Blakey as being great at FB, CHB, wing, midfield, etc, etc. Where do you play him? He can play anywhere.
    Eventually midfield mostly and forward.a la Bontempelli and Martin. Great decision maker.

Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Macca, what a legend. Hope he can get fit for one last hurrah against Saints in the final round. It will be interesting to see how he goes in a coaching role next year. He certainly exhibits great footy sense on the field and if this translates into what he does in the coaching box, he could be the potential successor for Horse.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Macca, what a legend. Hope he can get fit for one last hurrah against Saints in the final round. It will be interesting to see how he goes in a coaching role next year. He certainly exhibits great footy sense on the field and if this translates into what he does in the coaching box, he could be the potential successor for Horse.
    Great to see that he is going to stick around in a coaching role.Well done Macca.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

No suprise about Macca. Will be making the trip up the Hume to farewell him should he make it up for Rd 23 (which looks his only chance from here you would think). A great leader for our club, and a very fine footballer to go with it. I reckon he will make a fantastic coach too.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Yes, please. Our KPD depth has taken a hit in recent times with AJ being delisted, Reg retiring (and, not so long ago, Teddy). Add to that the question mark of Maibaum's future and Melican's hopefully temporary drop in performance. Francis shows a lot of promise and shouldn't cost the earth if he's willing. A big if.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    No suprise about Macca. Will be making the trip up the Hume to farewell him should he make it up for Rd 23 (which looks his only chance from here you would think). A great leader for our club, and a very fine footballer to go with it. I reckon he will make a fantastic coach too.
    Seems possible it could coincide with Buddy's 300th. Imagine!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Seems possible it could coincide with Buddy's 300th. Imagine!
    Add in Keiren?

Veterans List
    Has anyone noticed that Hayward is gone for the season. Had hip surgery last Friday apparently, according to Horse.

At the end of this article: Forgotten big man in the frame to bolster Swans rucks stocks - AFL.com.au

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Invitees to the draft combine;
    AFL announce 79-man Draft Combine invite list | Zero Hanger

Slim pickings in NSW, especially compared to Vic, WA and SA which is evidence that we need assistance.

Some scouts are suggesting that Rowell is better than Sam Walsh. Shame we didn't lose a few more games.
    Two from GWS Academy only, Tasmania just one nomination - give them an AFL team!

Veterans List
    McVeigh is our next coach.