Page 200 of 521 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,389 to 2,400 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Hope this is true. Daniher would be sensational.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I’ve had TWO texts half an hour ago saying the same thing
    And I had a visit from some beardy bloke carrying two stone tablets saying the same thing, unfortunately when he saw I was making image gravy he smashed them to pieces - so i can't post the evidence.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Hope this is true. Daniher would be sensational.
    It would be, but not at the cost of Papley. He is far too important for us.

If the swans are heavily into Daniher, then they must think the 2 prong forward line is the best setup, like we had with Tippet and Buddy. Daniher is a bit like Tippet. A forward who can ruck.

Not sure where this leaves Sinclair, if Nainsmith is available.

It also means than either Reid or McCartin will be pushed into defence full time. Probably McCartin I'd say. Thereby plugging a KPD hole we have.

All we need now is a gun midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If the swans are heavily into Daniher, then they must think the 2 prong forward line is the best setup, like we had with Tippet and Buddy. Daniher is a bit like Tippet. A forward who can ruck.

Not sure where this leaves Sinclair, if Nainsmith is available.

It also means than either Reid or McCartin will be pushed into defence full time. Probably McCartin I'd say. Thereby plugging a KPD hole we have.

All we need now is a gun midfielder.
    Agree with most of this.

Healthy competition for spots then, though I'm not sure Naismith deserves to walk back into #1 ruck ahead of Sincalir.

Dawson, Florent and Mills need to be the ones stepping up to be gun midfielders.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Are we really going for an injury prone 'star' forward and then look to pick up a 3rd, or 4th round 'gem' midfielder to replace Joey? And can we easily replace Papley just like we could easily replace Mitchell??

On the Rookie List
    Big article in the Herald Sun today featuring Barry Hall telling Daniher to move to the Swans. It's almost like they want it to happen!

Call me greedy but i want Paps and Jones to stay, Danniher to come in and still retain a 1st round pick unless we get a 24yr old mid to come in.

would love Powell pepper

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Call me greedy but i want Paps and Jones to stay, Danniher to come in and still retain a 1st round pick unless we get a 24yr old mid to come in.

would love Powell pepper
    I wouldn’t call you greedy ... Gill might

Stay for a 2021 GF

Well, watching and waiting. Would be great to have some general idea of who sources are. I realise you probably need to protect their anonymity but for all I know you mean your mate who read it on BF texted you.

As far as I can see the Daniher and Papley situations are unrelated. We don't need to give up Papley to get Daniher. And Papley might go regardless of whether Daniher is coming. That might be wrong if the club is determined to get in a top draftee, and if they want to get back into the top 10 and can only achieve that by trading out Papley.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Well, watching and waiting. Would be great to have some general idea of who sources are. I realise you probably need to protect their anonymity but for all I know you mean your mate who read it on BF texted you.
    Ahh upon enquiring from those excitedly messaging me, I think one was Facebook (always a reliable source ) and the other from a Fox footy citation. Well, those aren’t even set in warm porridge let alone stone. Moreover, TBH until the deal is done (which can’t happen until the trade period) Joe is still under contract as a Bomber, so they can just keep him - as much as we can keep Paps (although with a longer contract, we can hold on to Paps with a stronger grasp)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    As far as I can see the Daniher and Papley situations are unrelated. We don't need to give up Papley to get Daniher. And Papley might go regardless of whether Daniher is coming. That might be wrong if the club is determined to get in a top draftee, and if they want to get back into the top 10 and can only achieve that by trading out Papley.
    I wonder if there will ever be a time where to keep an absolute gun player, clubs say “it’s only a 1 1/2 hour flight from Melbourne to Sydney, fly up to train once or twice a week, play your matches, we’ll debrief during the week on FaceTime when we need to, we’ll have a designated rehab team in Melbourne, and we’ll keep you on the Swans list on those terms.” Messy, but if it was an absolute star and it was the only way to keep them, would you do it? (a more professional version of our initial foray into Sydney where half the players remained in Melbourne) ... just randomly musing with that one (but if the rumours of Buddy training less than a couple of hours for the entire season a couple of years ago - which I’ve always taken with a massive grain of salt - he could have just about lived in Perth and travelled each week just to play).