Page 239 of 521 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,857 to 2,868 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    On Paps.....so much for his loyalty to his beloved 'Bloods'.....it seems money talks. Either that or his girlfriend talks much louder. Whatever the truth is.....it's extremely disappointing.
    Sounds like the Darls has given him the ultimatum.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    It appears it's the colour of the green stuff that is coursing through his veins if the media reports are to be believed.
    Not a real Swans supporter in the first place.

Senior Player
    AFL Trade Radio puts forwards this scenario
    This is how it looked.
    ESSENDON
    Receives: Picks 4 and 8, Loses: Joe Daniher and Pick 29
    SYDNEY
    Receives: Joe Daniher and Pick 29, Loses: Tom Papley and Pick 4
    CARLTON
    Receives: Tom Papley, Loses: Pick 8

I say “ tell em they’re dreaming “ picks 4 & 8 for Daniher is way over the odds.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    My take on these requested trades...

Cameron - Totally acceptable, given very little opportunity with us . Trade him to his preferred club.

Jones - Out of contract. Trade him to his preferred club so long as they come to the party with a reasonable trade...We have some leverage but shouldn't over play it.

Papley - Contacted for 4 years. Either no trade, or trade to the highest bidder in Victoria. If it's moving to Melbourne he wants, we can try and facilitate that...but...

there is no way he gets to choose which club....Highest bidder or nothing.
    I repeat; Carlton = Brown paper bags and houses. Maybe the house appeals to the Darls.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    This is how it looked.
    ESSENDON
    SYDNEY
    CARLTON

I say “ tell em they’re dreaming “ picks 4 & 8 for Daniher is way over the odds.
    Was just about to post something similar . This is Mathew Lloyd’s proposed trade . Classic Lordo, needs to take the Essendon googles off here .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    On SEN they keep saying Tom is a restricted free agent next year regardless of what callers say. He has a 4 year contract for crying out loud. Just pay him another $100,000 a year and put this bull dust to bed, or maybe that's what he angling for, or should I say his manager is angling for (read commission). It's all about the cabbage.

We are well in the 'Tom harley' era.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Was just about to post something similar . This is Mathew Lloyd’s proposed trade . Classic Lordo, needs to take the Essendon googles off here .

If Joe was fit and 2 years younger...maybe.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If it comes down to getting a 1st rounder for Papley, I would prefer demanding their 2020 pick rather than pick 9 this year.
    Good point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    First reaction: oh no, this can't be true!

Second reaction: ah, needs to show girlfriend it's impossible to leave Sydney.

Outcome: girlfriend moves to Sydney (must be some string pullers at the club), they marry, and we all live happily ever after!
    I still suspect it's more related to the Bunyip fires earlier in the year and related issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Let this be a lesson for us. This was tweeted on 2nd May! Most people brushed it off as being BS with “Swans blood running through his veins.” We like to think that trades and contracts are being negotiated now. This Papley thing has been in the works for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post

Am I the only one who isn't feeling the world will end of papley goes. Looking at his 2019, he only kicked more than 2 goals in 3 times, 4 games he recorded 10 or less possessions and only recorded 20+ passions 3 times. All this in a year where the main focal point forward was missing offering more opportunities for him.

We have a clear replacement in will Haywood to fill the small forward role, so if Carlton are desperate to overspend to get him in, let's use his currency to target a key need, as in mids, ruck or key backman.

For the record, not danihur.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    This is how it looked.
    ESSENDON
    SYDNEY
    CARLTON

Carlton giving up just pick 9 for a contracted player? Sydney giving up TWO first round picks for a player who's played only 11 games in two years, has questions over his commitment and who the Swans can get for free next year? Someone's gone way off reality there.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final