Page 345 of 521 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 4,129 to 4,140 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Don't cry BS. None of those four would get a game if everyone is fit at the Swans.
    Pretty sure Membrey would in his current state. Not at the time he was traded, admittedly, and he either wanted to be in Victoria, or wasn't willing to bide his time in development until he was really ready.

Veterans List
    Latest news from the media on Fox is Daniher deal gone cold, they now think it won't happen. That's such good news, "sorry Joe, we tried but Dodo isn't in the real world, see you same time next year, take good care of yourself (groin)"

That now means we have to decide whether to let Papley go. Melbourne traded in pick 8 to get "a small forward" in the draft so reckon they will be in the market for Papley who plays at a high level in 2020, no waiting for a draftee to get up to AFL level, if he ever does. This keeps Carlton honest, pick 9 with nothing going back unless it's pick 63.

Does anyone else just want this trade period to be over?

We were never going to be big players this trade period, with Jones and (maybe) Papley being our biggest trade. But all these fantasy trades being speculated by the media surrounding Daniher and Papley just gives me anxiety.

I’ll be more than happy if we only trade Jones and Taylor tomorrow and then go to the draft.

Senior Player
    4 pick upgrade of a 4th round pick

I wasn’t expecting much but I swear we could’ve got pick 125 for Cameron and there’d still be posters on here spouting about how well we did with the trade 🙄

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Latest news from the media on Fox is Daniher deal gone cold, they now think it won't happen. That's such good news, "sorry Joe, we tried but Dodo isn't in the real world, see you same time next year, take good care of yourself (groin)"

That now means we have to decide whether to let Papley go. Melbourne traded in pick 8 to get "a small forward" in the draft so reckon they will be in the market for Papley who plays at a high level in 2020, no waiting for a draftee to get up to AFL level, if he ever does. This keeps Carlton honest, pick 9 with nothing going back unless it's pick 63.
    If we don't get Daniher and lose Papley, we are -40 goals per year before we start. Why would you do this unless it is inevitable? Surely he stays unless something else is in the pipeline.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    I just want the trade period to stop right now, if for no other reason than to keep this pattern intact. All eight non-priority picks in the first round that are still held by the original clubs are all the prime numbers below 20: 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17 and 19.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Herald Sun saying St.Kilda hoping to give pick 32 for Jones - surely his is a sub 28ish pick?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    I just want the trade period to stop right now, if for no other reason than to keep this pattern intact. All eight non-priority picks in the first round that are still held by the original clubs are all the prime numbers below 20: 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17 and 19.
    SPOOOKY!

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Perhaps Paps never wanted to leave the Swans. But we were sick & tired of the Blues poaching our players being unreasonable traders and Dodo for being Dodo.

Maybe someone at the Swans suggested a leak that Paps wanted out to the Blues so that they would apply much of their time and resources, holding up deals for the Blues so that when Paps eventually isn’t traded - content to remain with his beloved Swans (whom had already arranged a job as the DON or NUM at a private hospital somewhere in Sydney for his girlfriend), the Blues will frantically have to pay overs to get things done on the last day of trading and settle on almost retired small forwards to bolster their list.

With Daniher, an agreement was made at a public cafe meeting. He would undergo surgery while at the Bombers and rehab there for 18 months to get his body properly right at the Bombers expense before joining Sydney as a RFA in 2020. But, knowing that he won’t be full fit for 12 months, he had to do something to earn his keep as a future Swan. So trade rumours to Sydney this year will occupy Dodo’s efforts, postulating ridiculous pick & player demands, undermining any integrity as a list manager and tarnishing his reputation for future trade periods to the point where no other club will deal with the Bombers. Moreover, the current players see how Dodo’s stubborn & unrealistic trade approach compromises their ability to go to clubs they want to, so over the next few seasons, players will be requesting trades when their contracts expire rather than a year prior, effectively decimating any leverage the Bombers will have at the trade table in future years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Herald Sun saying St.Kilda hoping to give pick 32 for Jones - surely his is a sub 28ish pick?
    How about we call them on it and let him go in the PSD & redraft him a pick before the Saints have their first crack?

Veterans List
    That's unders, we take unders all the time, it's what happens when players nominate just one club.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    That's unders, we take unders all the time, it's what happens when players nominate just one club.
    I would take 28 or under at worst. Bugger St.Kilda - God only knows how they have so much space in their Salary cap unless they offload 2+ players. Jones is fit and played every game he could this year I believe. Still young and will easily get a game for them. I know 28 is only 4 places ahead of 32 but we need to get what he is worth.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Pick 32 is only worth our while if St Kilda give something else as well, such as a future fourth-round pick.

That's speculative anyway. St Kilda don't even have pick 32 right now, that's held by the Dogs.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final