Page 98 of 521 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,165 to 1,176 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Carlton and Saints win, still have pick 4.
    Unless we lose to Melbourne we're not going lower than 16th and even then our % will be much greater than the dees who I can't see winning any other game.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    What will make this draft interesting is who holds which picks at the top end as their needs are different unless they/we all go with the old adage "with your high first, select the best player regardless of needs"

We'll get a very promising player at our pick regardless of whether it's 3, 4 or 5.

Melbourne has regressed to a shambles again, hope the snow is good this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Unless we lose to Melbourne we're not going lower than 16th and even then our % will be much greater than the dees who I can't see winning any other game.
    The Dees are the kings of losing late in the season when an early draft pick is up for grabs. I think there is a good chance that Carlton on form will go above us by season's end. Dees less so. I was at the Dees v Saints game last night. Endeavour by both sides was good but disposal was woeful.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    We need to lose some percentage and get Carlton and Melbourne above us on the ladder. Our problem is that Melbourne is so pathetic, despite of their last, that they couldn't win a two up contest.

Anderson and Rowell are streets ahead of the other draftees. Picks 3 and beyond are essentially very weak compared to other years. If you're going to bottom out, do it properly and maximise your opportunity.
    Fully agree

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    The Dees are the kings of losing late in the season when an early draft pick is up for grabs. I think there is a good chance that Carlton on form will go above us by season's end. Dees less so. I was at the Dees v Saints game last night. Endeavour by both sides was good but disposal was woeful.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    On form yes, but have you had a look at their draw ? It’s very tough , I think we’ll remain where we are on the ladder , pick 4 it is .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop talking about tanking. We should try and win every game we can.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    +1

The Menzel/Rohan "trade" looks like a nill all draw.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Surely cats a fair way in front at this stage. Rohan has contributed a reasonable amount to their season, especially early on. Menzel for whatever reason can not even make a struggling Swans top 22 (though many would argue he hasn't been given much of a chance either). Will be interesting to see what call we make about him at the end of the season, as we only gave him a one year contract didn't we?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    Putting senior players in for surgery early, giving some games to developing players (e.g. Stoddart, McClean) is not tanking, its smart player management

I have no doubt that the 22 on the ground and the MC are trying to win on game day, but we are in a position now where wins on the board are a "nice to have" rather than a necessity

- - - Updated - - -

One is on track for a career best goals haul for one of the legitimate premiership contenders, the other has spent the bulk of the season injured/in the NEAFL

Take your red and white coloured glasses off barry

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    (Rohan v Menzel)

One is on track for a career best goals haul for one of the legitimate premiership contenders, the other has spent the bulk of the season injured/in the NEAFL

Take your red and white coloured glasses off barry
    Rohan is not in the senior team at the cats, and may not make it back this year.
    I hope he's already got his career best goals, because he's on track to not add any.

Veterans List
    Rohan is not in the senior team at the cats, and may not make it back this year.
    I hope he's already got his career best goals, because he's on track to not add any.
    Agreed Barry, he seems to have dropped back to mediocrity.