Page 103 of 521 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,225 to 1,236 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    McVeigh is our next coach.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Hayward is gone for the season. Had hip surgery last Friday apparently, according to Horse.

At the end of this article: Forgotten big man in the frame to bolster Swans rucks stocks - AFL.com.au
    Yes, Horse said he had yet to have a pre-season. I think the plan is to have him fixed up ready for one

Veterans List
    Sounds like a plan......

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    You're not calling him McHack anymore? That's refreshing.

On "AFL Tonight" they rattled off champion data stats highlighting Tom Papley's drop off in form over the past month and linking it to rumours of his desire to return to Victoria. Sounded bit of a stretch to me trying to give a rumour more oxygen!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I really hope Papley stays, I'm sick and tired of seeing Swan father (or gandfather) sons in other colours.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    On "AFL Tonight" they rattled off champion data stats highlighting Tom Papley's drop off in form over the past month and linking it to rumours of his desire to return to Victoria. Sounded bit of a stretch to me trying to give a rumour more oxygen!
    Yes his drop off in form has been noticeable. I don't think it would be due to any potential move. He is the type of player that always gives 100 percent. It's probably more likely he is struggling with an injury after a long, tough season. I noticed that he was seated near the front in Maccas' retirement press conference yesterday. That's not the position of a player who is not invested in the Club. Macca spoke about how proud he was to retire as a one club player.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The Papley rumours make no sense to me. He's playing for the club that both his grandfathers played for and the club he always wanted to play for. He also has another year on his contract. That said, the rumours keep circulating which has me a little worried. If it does turn out to be true it should be conclusive evidence to the AFL that we are severely disadvantaged by the go-home factor and that something needs to be done to combat this.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    The Papley rumours make no sense to me. He's playing for the club that both his grandfathers played for and the club he always wanted to play for. He also has another year on his contract. That said, the rumours keep circulating which has me a little worried. If it does turn out to be true it should be conclusive evidence to the AFL that we are severely disadvantaged by the go-home factor and that something needs to be done to combat this.
    Yes if someone like Papley leaves then what hope do we have? I read this afternoon that Patten could be going to the Hawks at a lower salary like Scully did. The Northern clubs can't attract these type of players and pay unders.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    You're not calling him McHack anymore? That's refreshing.
    +1

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Maybe create academies for the four disadvantaged northern clubs so they can grow local players .......

Pick 4 stays firmly in our hands after yesterday's robbery. If we beat Dees and Saints in the run home that could drift to pick 6.

The advantage of Dawson off the HBF / qtr back role via short kicking darts under pressure was simple lovely to watch on the wknd

In particular our exits out of our own half in the first qtr were so quick that gws really couldnt set up in defence

So looking forward to minimum 50% of the game Jordan Dawson setting up play off our HBF for many years to come