Page 153 of 521 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,825 to 1,836 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Sydney is exploring the opportunity to recruit former Fremantle and Gold Coast midfielder Harley Bennell for 2020 Third time lucky? Will a delisted Docker end up a Swan? - AFL.com.au
    So, assuming that he's had high quality medical care at Fremantle, and his calves have not come good; what are the rough chances of a successful rehab, if we take a punt on him?

Players I want traded out of Swans: Jones (too many turnovers), Florent (just not good enough), Hayward (not good enough), Ryan Clarke (meh), Thurlow (meh), Naismith ( too injury prone)

Quote Originally Posted by tlock View Post
    Players I want traded out of Swans: Jones (too many turnovers), Florent (just not good enough), Hayward (not good enough), Ryan Clarke (meh), Thurlow (meh), Naismith ( too injury prone)
    Any player can be traded at the right price - I'm assuming this is what you are saying in a roundabout way.
    However, to get rid of Jones or Florent would require a sweet deal, either good swap or first rounder. Hayward 2nd rounder. Others not much. Having said that, I disagree with the implication that Jones, Florent and Hayward are substandard. In particular, Florent was looking on the cusp of becoming a top line player. Jones already there and Hayward in form, not far off too.

Give me a break, 2 games in 4 Years.
    What a joke, will never be anything again if he ever was

About 2% Chance he returns to be a 18+ games per season player

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Give me a break, 2 games in 4 Years.
    What a joke, will never be anything again if he ever was

About 2% Chance he returns to be a 18+ games per season player
    I saw him play cracking games for Gold Coast, is a Rolls Royce when fit and that's the big question. Apparently had the calf issue belatedly identified and has had corrective surgery.

Will only cost a bit of salary cap, comes for free so worth a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    So, assuming that he's had high quality medical care at Fremantle, and his calves have not come good; what are the rough chances of a successful rehab, if we take a punt on him?
    The story is that he’s got to the bottom of his calf problem since being delisted by Freo! You’d hope the Swans would only take him if they think he’ll play. Has huge potential for a free player if that’s true.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow!

Veterans List
    The first two....hilarious!

Veterans List
    I posed the Bennell question weeks ago on this thread after the article re: successfully discovering the cause of and the subsequent correction of his calf issue, was published. Interesting the Swans may feel the same. He's worth a punt I reckon.....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Another part of me thinks Darren Jolly. Roos did t stand in his way when he had a genuine reason to return to Melbourne.

Aargh, don't say Papley's girlfriend has houses in Melbourne she has to decorate???

Florent not good enough???

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Aargh, don't say Papley's girlfriend has houses in Melbourne she has to decorate???
    ......on The Block?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Personally I'll very sad if we lose Paps or Jones. Papley could be, and is becoming, one of the competition's great small forwards and we have no-one to replace him. Jones provides much of our drive out of defence and takes the game on (sure it doesn't always work out) in a way no other Swan does.

And if, as many here seem to want, we lose Lloyd I bet this time next year we'll be lamenting how our 2020 defence inexplicably leaked goals and so denied us a finals spot.
    +1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    If Jones wants to go start talking to Gold Coast for a straight swap with Jack Martin
    Apparently Martin wants to be traded to "a Victorian club". They always get the 'home' boys from up north.