Page 473 of 521 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483 ... LastLast
Results 5,665 to 5,676 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Regular in the Side
    not a typical lefty. can kick on the right too.

Veterans List
    A handful of bolters taken so that means a quality player has slipped through to our next pick, maybe another SA lad?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Hopefully a better runner but equally skilled
    McVeigh was a very highly rated endurance runner as a 17 year old when he was drafted. He was never renowned for explosive speed but was a fair bit quicker than the 30 something version.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    McVeigh was a very highly rated endurance runner as a 17 year old when he was drafted. He was never renowned for explosive speed but was a fair bit quicker than the 30 something version.
    I don't remember him as a young player, only as a older one who continued relying on his footy smarts and skill to remain (very) relevant.
    Stephens is quick and can run under 6 minutes for 2km, which is extremely pretty handy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    A handful of bolters taken so that means a quality player has slipped through to our next pick, maybe another SA lad?
    Yes, Will Gould. I have such a man crush on him!

Didn't realise Stephens could play inside as well as outside... although I think the Swans like to turn outside mids into inside-outside mids e.g. Hanners, Florent etc.

I think we'll absolutely get someone decent at pick 27 given who's left: Schoenberg, Rantall, Gould etc

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I don't remember him as a young player, only as a older one who continued relying on his footy smarts and skill to remain (very) relevant.
    Stephens is quick and can run under 6 minutes for 2km, which is extremely pretty handy.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, Will Gould. I have such a man crush on him!

Didn't realise Stephens could play inside as well as outside... although I think the Swans like to turn outside mids into inside-outside mids e.g. Hanners, Florent etc.

I think we'll absolutely get someone decent at pick 27 given who's left: Schoenberg, Rantall, Gould etc
    Shifter Sheehan gave Rantall a rap on radio today.

I would love to get Rantall ( a Swans name if you've ever seen one) but I suspect he will be gone before our next pick unless we can trade down.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Stephens sounds like he has similar attributes to the last player we drafted with pick 5. If he has even close to the same career, we’ll be pretty content.
    I was thinking of another recently departed leftie gut runner.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    not a typical lefty. can kick on the right too.
    Had a look.at highlights. Hard not to be really impressed. Elite speed and endurance, bursting out of contests. Beautiful kick on both sides. Pure silk and just what the doctor ordered for our midfield. No wonder we looked happy.

He seemed genuinely happy to be joining the Swans too. I reckon he might be a winner.

Senior Player
    What I like about him is that he is an NGHF player. No Go Home Factor.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

There's a nice interview between Dylan S and Josh K straight after the draft. Dylan was a school buddy with Will Hayward and although he's never been to Sydney before, Will was talking up footy in Sydney. I'm looking forward to seeing who we pick tomorrow. I'd prefer to have the draft all in the one night; not split over two.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Shifter Sheehan gave Rantall a rap on radio today.
    Yes, I'm hoping for Rantall.