Page 479 of 521 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489 ... LastLast
Results 5,737 to 5,748 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Sydney have traded 65 & 68 for Ports 61. Might be looking to either take a fifth player or trade up again.
    Getting pick 61 makes sense if we are trying to bundle up two out of 27, 34 and 45 for a higher pick. Then 61 becomes our fourth pick

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    One thing that I'm always bemused about is how the media talk about the need to replace our aging midfield, then giving the names of Kennedy and Parker. Okay, Josh is 31 and our best midfielder for a long time, but Parker just turned 27. He should be in his peak years now. No one talks about an aging Dangerfield, who will be 30 in April. Except for Kennedy, we have quite a young midfield.

I hope Ling gets back on track from his injuries. With the addition of Stephens, we have a host of speedy great left footers going from HB to HF when you add Dawson, Blakey and Stoddart.

- - - Updated - - -

So they're not Tasmanians.
    Hannebury is younger than all of them but is cooked so is Parker going that way ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumarangk View Post
    Hannebury is younger than all of them but is cooked so is Parker going that way ?
    No way. Lukey Parker is the man of steel! He will still be playing well into his fifties.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    No way. Lukey Parker is the man of steel! He will still be playing well into his fifties.
    Along with Buddy

2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

There’s a little clip up on Instagram of KB meeting Stephens last night. KB is telling Stephens how he is a Perfect fit for us , and mentions how he’s lived away from home and is independent. Stephens responds saying moving away doesn’t worry him at all. This was obviously a strong consideration of who we drafted, perhaps part of why we overlooked Flanders ? . I wonder how much Paps and Jones wanting out this year has affected our thinking in regard to this? ( it hasn’t been much of an issue for us in recent years that i can recall , the ‘go home’ factor , other than Jetta I suppose. )

Gotta say he seems like an absolute ripper kid though, of good stock and character. Future captain ? Too soon ?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Future captain ? Too soon ?
    Not sure. Day 2. Maybe?

I was also impressed with his interview and KB's statement that they had been watching him closely for 2 years. They have clearly done a lot of analysis on him and hopefully this informed decision-making will pay off big time!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    There’s a little clip up on Instagram of KB meeting Stephens last night. KB is telling Stephens how he is a Perfect fit for us , and mentions how he’s lived away from home and is independent. Stephens responds saying moving away doesn’t worry him at all. This was obviously a strong consideration of who we drafted, perhaps part of why we overlooked Flanders ? . I wonder how much Paps and Jones wanting out this year has affected our thinking in regard to this? ( it hasn’t been much of an issue for us in recent years that i can recall , the ‘go home’ factor , other than Jetta I suppose. )

Gotta say he seems like an absolute ripper kid though, of good stock and character. Future captain ? Too soon ?
    I had a quick look at Dylan’s Instagram account. Looks as if he partnered a different girl each year to his school formal. Implication: not a steady long-term relationship back in Adelaide or Mildura such as Papley’s. If correct, very good news. Lots of nice Swans-supporting young women in Sydney .....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    "Swans spring surprise" the AFL say.
    Howso?
    Didn't we get him at pick 5 - how was that surprising?
    Yes, he was always predicted to go anywhere from 4 to 10....so it's hardly a surprise. I think this assessment of 'surprise' is indicative of the Swans giving nothing away and an egotistical media's frustration with never being able to predict our next move.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I had a quick look at Dylan’s Instagram account. Looks as if he partnered a different girl each year to his school formal. Implication: not a steady long-term relationship back in Adelaide or Mildura such as Papley’s. If correct, very good news. Lots of nice Swans-supporting young women in Sydney .....
    Maybe a little bit stalkery

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Maybe a little bit stalkery
    After the Paps saga, it's called due diligence!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    After the Paps saga, it's called due diligence!