Page 55 of 521 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    Looking at the highlights video of Hirst and i see a bit of Stuart Maxfield in him.
    Which bit?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    But is the purpose of this concoction purely to fill webpage inches, or is a kite flying exercise by the AFL to see whether it's a change they can introduce - like the annual night grand final story?
    Two birds.

Veterans List

He got the ball on the wing opposite to the camera and kicked into the forward line

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    He got the ball on the wing opposite to the camera and kicked into the forward line
    I meant which bit of Stuart Maxfield is in him. Sorry couldn’t help myself

On an unrelated topic. The Huns article. “Your clubs best trade or free agency heist”

Category: | Herald Sun

Swans have been “heisted” three times: Mummy, Mitchell and Nankervis.

They kindly didn’t include Gaz in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

+1 Very Good! Stark contrast to the televised Dunkley household where Kyle was certain to be picked up, particularly Andrew's statue performance, but excitement & relief nevertheless for both young Cody & Kyle.

Veterans List
    Cody Hirst trivia. My son Ben played with Cody's dad Mick in the 2's at Seville when they won 2 flags, and Cody was a water boy.

Veterans List
    Soon be time to start speculating on the list changes at the end of the year, retirements, delistings, upgrade for rookies etc. Bye week probably a good time as we'll have little game stuff to chat about.

Currently have at the ND, picks 4, 26 (St.Kilda), 40, 50 (WCE), 55 (Carlton), 58

Thinking caps on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Cody Hirst trivia. My son Ben played with Cody's dad Mick in the 2's at Seville when they won 2 flags, and Cody was a water boy.
    A very quick water boy :-)
    Last edited by 707; 1st June 2019 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Soon be time to start speculating on the list changes at the end of the year, retirements, delistings, upgrade for rookies etc. Bye week probably a good time as we'll have little game stuff to chat about.

Currently have at the ND, picks 4, 26 (St.Kilda), 40, 50 (WCE), 55 (Carlton), 58

Thinking caps on

- - - Updated - - -

A very quick water boy :-)
    He provided quality H2O

Press conference | Bolton statement - carltonfc.com.au

I know it might be challenging to get Bolton up to Sydney with his young family but his experience thru a genuine 4 year Re build and his smarts and enthusiasm from hawthorn days would be invaluable I feel at the Swans

Timing is a massive part of life

If Steve jobs, bill gates etc were born in the 30s or 90s the results of their life could be flipped on a coin vs being born in the 50s and being at an age to embrace the PC beginnings and all the infrastructure and technology supporting the age of PC

I so to believe the experience Bolton has been thru was a pressure cooker last 4 years of renewing a list and nurturing of the next generation of players would be of tremendous value to the bloods

Cameron timing harsh

Swans timing 2019/20 onwards perfect
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 4th June 2019 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Press conference | Bolton statement - carltonfc.com.au

I know it might be challenging to get Bolton up to Sydney with his young family but his experience thru a genuine 4 year Re build and his smarts and enthusiasm from hawthorn days would be invaluable I feel at the Swans

Timing is a massive part of life

If Steve jobs, bill gates etc were born in the 30s or 90s the results of their life could be flipped on a coin vs being born in the 50s and being at an age to embrace the PC beginnings and all the infrastructure and technology supporting the age of PC

I so to believe the experience Bolton has been thru was a pressure cooker last 4 years of renewing a list and nurturing of the next generation of players would be of tremendous value to the bloods

Cameron timing harsh

Swans timing 2019/20 onwards perfect
    Bit of a stretch.