Page 216 of 521 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,592 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    If Jones really wants out, why dont we deal with Melb and exchange for Frost who is a young key position back? Better outcome for Swans as we really dont need another pick so low. His brother is there so might be better outcome for Jones and better for us
    How about Melbourne's second rounder pick 20 that will end up at 22/23. Melbourne not in Jone's frame because Saints are offering bigger $.

Maybe Saints 2020 first and we can add back some of those later 2019 picks we currently hold which Saints would be grateful for and we probably won't use.

I think it’s frustrating that the Melbourne media decides Jones is only worth a second rounder because he turns the ball over by foot. Presumably the same is true of Dylan Shiel?

Senior Player
    Shiel is a far better player than Jones

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    But he also turns the ball over by foot

He’s better , but if he is worth two first rounders surely Jones is worth 1 , a later one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    He’s better , but if he is worth two first rounders surely Jones is worth 1 , a later one.

Shiel was/is not worth two first rounders.

Looks like Rowell has booked in the number one pick. In the NAB League GF, his stats were 44 disposals, 9 tackles, 2 goals and 170 DT points.

Senior Player
    Think you can just forget about getting a first rounder for Jones because we aren’t going to get one

He’s worth about 22-28 and that’s roughly what we should end up with if he goes

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Think you can just forget about getting a first rounder for Jones because we aren’t going to get one

He’s worth about 22-28 and that’s roughly what we should end up with if he goes
    The Saints have no second-round picks to trade (we've already got that pick off them for Hannebery).

Maybe we get the Saints' 2020 second-round pick? Seems a fair trade, especially if we want to stock up on future picks so we can match bids next year on our two Academy prospects.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Looks like Rowell has booked in the number one pick. In the NAB League GF, his stats were 44 disposals, 9 tackles, 2 goals and 170 DT points.
    He's a gun alright. On ABC Grandstand they gave his half time stats.....which IIRC were 29 disposals, 5 tackles and two goals and his team were 55 pts up!

Numero Uno.....

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Shiel was/is not worth two first rounders.
    AA midfielder , but regardless , 2 first round picks is what Essendon paid for him so if he’s not worth that you can tell that to them .

More useful to us will be a player traded in then a pick mid 20s I would suspect re Jones

Hence the possibility mentioned already

Jones to saints
    Stevens to cats
    Constable to Swans ?

We save some serious $ ie Jones vs Constable contract would be minimum $300k pa

Constable does have the capacity to be a cut off defender or inside mid at 191cm