Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: #AFL Round 2 Swans vs Crows Fri 29-Mar at SCG #AFLSwansCrows @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    These are from NSW

Tex Walker
    Jarrod Witts
    Isaac Smith
    Tom Hawkins
    Walker from Broken Hill and Hawkins was a F/S which really leaves Witts and Smith vs 1000s.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Yeah, that's an interesting stat. We did have serious midfield issues last year (& haven't done a lot to rectify that gap, unfortunately – we seemed to be solely concentrating on shoring up Blakey – great to see, but didn't seem to have a strategy after that). I'd be having a crack at our recruitment team rather than the constant bleating on this forum about the coach.

We do need another fit ruckman, but I also think Sinclair has done a lot better than i'd expected - he just needs a bit of help from time to time.

I also don't buy the constant 'game plan' talk - it's not rocket science, just execute your next move effectively, don't offload to the closest player who's under pressure, in-turn work harder to apply pressure; don't continually bomb inside 50 hoping for miracle - we don't seem to have a shortage of small forwards - find them; if you are one of these - make sure you convert (that's your job); we tend to get on top when applying forward pressure - do more of that (doesn't happen enough); Tackle. Harder.; We've a number of new players used to covering ground and getting plenty of ball in the NEAFL - time to step up… no easy kicks at this level.

Anyway, as I calmed down during a long walk home from the SCG, i figured all is not lost. The effort was there, we just fell short in the execution. Plus we did get royally shafted by the umpires, didn't handle the conditions & just looked like we needed the run.
    The voice of sanity and reason

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Yeah, that's an interesting stat. We did have serious midfield issues last year (& haven't done a lot to rectify that gap, unfortunately – we seemed to be solely concentrating on shoring up Blakey – great to see, but didn't seem to have a strategy after that). I'd be having a crack at our recruitment team rather than the constant bleating on this forum about the coach.

We do need another fit ruckman, but I also think Sinclair has done a lot better than i'd expected - he just needs a bit of help from time to time.

I also don't buy the constant 'game plan' talk - it's not rocket science, just execute your next move effectively, don't offload to the closest player who's under pressure, in-turn work harder to apply pressure; don't continually bomb inside 50 hoping for miracle - we don't seem to have a shortage of small forwards - find them; if you are one of these - make sure you convert (that's your job); we tend to get on top when applying forward pressure - do more of that (doesn't happen enough); Tackle. Harder.; We've a number of new players used to covering ground and getting plenty of ball in the NEAFL - time to step up… no easy kicks at this level.

Anyway, as I calmed down during a long walk home from the SCG, i figured all is not lost. The effort was there, we just fell short in the execution. Plus we did get royally shafted by the umpires, didn't handle the conditions & just looked like we needed the run.
    Stop making sense

Veteran Site Admin
    Not unusually for a long, match day thread, this discussion had morphed off into a few different intertwining discussions. Two of these - one about the structure of the AFLW, and the other starting with Eddie and the coin toss but drifting into broader discussion of the media - probably have a shelf-life way beyond this match day thread, which will fade into obscurity within the next day or two.

I've therefore moved the two above mentioned conversations to different threads - I suspect it will be obvious which ones.

If you come here looking for a post you made and find it's no longer here, it hasn't been deleted. Just look for the appropriate thread and you'll find it.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not unusually for a long, match day thread, this discussion had morphed off into a few different intertwining discussions. Two of these - one about the structure of the AFLW, and the other starting

with Eddie and the coin toss but drifting into broader discussion of the media - probably have a shelf-life way beyond this match day thread, which will fade into obscurity within the next day or two.

I've therefore moved the two above mentioned conversations to different threads - I suspect it will be obvious which ones.

If you come here looking for a post you made and find it's no longer here, it hasn't been deleted. Just look for the appropriate thread and you'll find it.
    Good move Liz

Just heard Dermott Brereton on SEN say the Swans received the rough end of the stick last Friday night in regards to the umpiring, being the worst he's seen a team copping it bad so far this year. He was responding to a caller who highlighted the umpiring in this game.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Just heard Dermott Brereton on SEN say the Swans received the rough end of the stick last Friday night in regards to the umpiring, being the worst he's seen a team copping it bad so far this year. He was responding to a caller who highlighted the umpiring in this game.
    Glad to hear about this - nice to have some respect for the club from Dermie.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Trent Dennis lane plays footy near where I grew up these days, and he popped up on my Facebook feed as we share some mutual friends. Seems he still has some affection for the swans , or perhaps he just saw what everyone else did but he posted on Friday night “ the AFL hates Sydney - change my mind “.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637